Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Move raid 0 from other manufactor
I owned a dlink dns 323 and using raid 1 however it can't be reconized as raid when I put 2 Disk to n5810.

What is the fastest way to make it work without losing data?

Thanks that will be useful for new comer.
I owned a dlink dns 323 and using raid 1 however it can't be reconized as raid when I put 2 Disk to n5810.

What is the fastest way to make it work without losing data?

Thanks that will be useful for new comer.
My best guess is it will not be possible to transfer the raid volume from the dlink to the thecus, but maybe thecus support has a magic way to do this Smile.

Best chance would be to temporary move the data to another drive for temporary storage, move the disks from your dlink to the thecus, reformat them and copy the data from the temporary storage back on your thecus.
Another option since you use raid1 (mirroring) is to remove one disk from the dlink, put it in the thecus, format it and copy the data from the (degraded) dlink to the thecus. After the data copy is done, remove the remaining disk from the dlink and put in in the thecus as well. Then expand the current raid with the extra disk. Take care, when removing a disk from the raid one you do not have any ault tolerance anymore till you created the new raid on the thecus wirh both disks
Thecus N5550 (CPU: D2550 @ 1.86GHz, BIOS: CDV_T26 X64)
Disks:  4*3TB Raid5 (4 * Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 HUA723030ALA640)
Memory:  8GB (2*4GB Corsair CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9)
Firmware: 2.05.14.5 (with MEM=4G removed from menu.lst)
My best guess is it will not be possible to transfer the raid volume from the dlink to the thecus, but maybe thecus support has a magic way to do this Smile.

Best chance would be to temporary move the data to another drive for temporary storage, move the disks from your dlink to the thecus, reformat them and copy the data from the temporary storage back on your thecus.
Another option since you use raid1 (mirroring) is to remove one disk from the dlink, put it in the thecus, format it and copy the data from the (degraded) dlink to the thecus. After the data copy is done, remove the remaining disk from the dlink and put in in the thecus as well. Then expand the current raid with the extra disk. Take care, when removing a disk from the raid one you do not have any ault tolerance anymore till you created the new raid on the thecus wirh both disks
Thecus N5550 (CPU: D2550 @ 1.86GHz, BIOS: CDV_T26 X64)
Disks:  4*3TB Raid5 (4 * Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 HUA723030ALA640)
Memory:  8GB (2*4GB Corsair CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9)
Firmware: 2.05.14.5 (with MEM=4G removed from menu.lst)
Yes. i am doing that right now.

It looks took a long time to build raid 6 for 4x 2tb drives.

by the way, it took me more than 1 minute to login the web admin but after login, it is fast with latest os7 beta. anyone has some issue?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Move raid 0 from other manufactor 0 1,180 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: