I Love Thecus

Full Version: "Can't read file" sporadically
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I tried to copy all content from my N0503 to my computer via LAN without success, at first. I got infrequent messages, every 5 -10mins, that single files can't be read, which aborted the copy-process. When trying to open that specific file, there was no problem. All files present and healthy. After repeating the copy process, the file was magically there again and it continued - until it happend again .. and again ......

Eventually, i succeded with "robocopy", since it simply waits for 30s, if the error occurs, then tries again.

So it seems, my NAS sporadically can't find files, when just a second later, everything's fine again.

I've just updated the firmware. I will report, if that solved the problem.

I am just curious, what could cause that..

Thanks in advance
Hi tb303,

It could be the LAN controller unstable, or something wrong with the main controller board. Not very sure..
If possible, I will suggest backing up the NAS data regularly. :-)

Thanks,
Mar 4 '13
Hi tb303,

It could be the LAN controller unstable, or something wrong with the main controller board. Not very sure..
If possible, I will suggest backing up the NAS data regularly. :-)

Thanks,
Mar 4 '13
Hi, which firmware version did you upgrade from?

I had problems initially when I upgraded from v3 to v5 firmware.
NAS kept telling me drive errors from time to time. Performance was horrible as well.

Solved that by re-formatting the raid volume. Now the NAS works like a charm.
Fast and stable.
Please back up all your files to an external drive if you want to attempt that!