[Solved] TwonkyMedia Server

SOHO-class NAS, OXFord 810DSE, 256MB DDR2 SDRAM, 2-bay NAS

Moderator: John Tsai

[Solved] TwonkyMedia Server

Postby brendom70 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:07 pm

:roll: Ciaooo all, I downloaded the form from the official site Thecus TwonkyMedia Server installed without problems, arranged the various settings and select the
Folder movies, photos and music, now I can see no problems on TV room via the PlayStation 3 ..... My problem is that this program to 30 days, some of you know where I can find the code activation Grazieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ..................... :roll:
brendom70

Re: TwonkyMedia Server

Postby vincebus » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:36 pm

vincebus

TwonkyMedia Server - Licence Key

Postby xforce » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:26 am

hi vincebus,

you'll have to say, that the thecus nas, which comes with the twonkymedia server, after update fw 3.0.11 with twonky as a module I need to purchase seperatly ?

I payed already for A NAS WITH a media server inside. The vendor now supports a module installation.

May someone of THECUS will answer to this thread, where I will get a valid licence key for the twonkymedia module??

Thank you in advance.
xforce
xforce

Re: TwonkyMedia Server

Postby John Tsai » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:43 am

Hello, brendom70 and xforce,

Thecus originally has Mediabolic included in the NAS firmware as a Media Server solution; however, during March and April, the solution has been switched to TwonkyMedia. So here come the story,

1) For old NAS shipped with Mediabolic included, it can install TwonkyMedia module for 30 days evaluation. After trial period e xpired, the NAS owner has to pay for the TwonkyMedia license.
2) For newer NAS shipped with a TwonkyMedia CD included, the Mediabolic function will be disabled from the NAS firmware automatically. NAS owner can install the TwonkyMedia module and activate it by the license key printed on the CD envelope.

So, in case your Mediabolic Media Server ia available in the NAS firmware, it is an older version NAS and without TwonkyMedia license. On the contrary, if the Mediabolic gone, there should be a Twonky license CD came with the NAS.

You can submit the "conf.bin" together with the serial no (something like N2200 V1.00 940414) to Thecus support staff at http://esupport.thecus.com/support/inde ... nguageid=1 and then they will tell if the NAS is with Mediabolic or TwonkyMedia.

Have a good day,
John, Aug 6 '10
John Tsai

Re: [Solved] TwonkyMedia Server

Postby Muckman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:43 pm

For anybody looking to upgrade their Twonky module please read this thread carefully.
http://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=236&t=2228
Muckman

Re: [Solved] TwonkyMedia Server

Postby Omnidextrous » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:47 am

Would have been nice if there would have been some mention ANYWHERE that this software requires a license. Just bought a new miniNAS today, installed the Twonky thing and immediately got an "Your trial version has expired." message. Needed to register and login with Twonky to find there is nothing there regarding a trial and reading many topics about users having problems with the software or not receiving their codes for a week after purchase.

So what kind of a moron would ever pay for software without even getting a chance to see what it does or how it works?

Thanks a lot for wasting my time!
Omnidextrous

Return to N2200