Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Nextcloud][11.0.2.1] OwnCloud fork
well, i've just done a quick test with nextcloud, i got files of 719MB uploaded on 1m:20s

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: linkedinbutton.jpg]
If you are happy, feel free to support me with a small donation[Image: btn_donate_SM.gif]
OS7 Outkastm Repository
Is that going externally and then back to your nas? Mine runs through no-ip because of the dynamic ip, but they claim to do nothing other than re-route to a different ip. Are there any settings that I could check that come to mind. Thanks!
N5550
8GB RAM
Firmware: 3.01.00.4 - OS7
5x4TB WD Red / Raid 5
Store videos / nextCloud / maybe Joomla test site
Self taught, and still learning!
Hi "OutKastM",

Recently, te nextCloud teams released 11.0.2.
I tried updating via the webUI of nextCloud.
But it is not making any progress after "Initializing...".

Anything I can do to make this work?

Thanks - Will
Yes.
You have to install module version 11.0.2.0...when is ready Smile
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are happy, feel free to support me with a small donation[Image: btn_donate_SM.gif]
OS7 Outkastm Repository
updated to 11.0.2.0
added also an option on module WebUi to change from apache2.2 to apache 2.4
OS7 Outkastm Repository
(03-15-2017, 11:49 PM)outkastm Wrote: updated to 11.0.2.0

Today, I finished the upgrade to nextCloud 11.0.2 and Apache 2.4 (and in that order).
Both where done with a manual install. Before installing Apache 2.4, I removed Apache 2.2.
I have some questions about the resuts.

(1) - During the last 2 nextCloud upgrades (i.e. to 11.0.1 and 11.0.2), 3 plugins where removed from the startup list.
These plugins are contacts, tasks and notes. Are you aware of this?
Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

(2) - After the Apache upgrade, I noticed the following message on the admin page:
=====
Your data directory and your files are probably accessible from the Internet. The .htaccess file is not working. We strongly suggest that you configure your web server in a way that the data directory is no longer accessible or you move the data directory outside the web server document root.
=====
I don't recall seeing this in Apache 2.2. Did I miss something here?
As in: was I supposed to do something before making the switch (apart from installing Apache 2.4)?

(3) - FYI: the message "unverified for current version" is back (running 3.1.00.5.3).
In an attempt to fix this, I upgraded the ThecusOS to 3.01.2 via a manual upload.
While the upgrade was successful and until now without any site effects, it didn't fix this particular "thing".
This is not blocking any operation - it seems just a cosmetic thing - hence the FYI.

That's it for now! :-)

Thanks you,
- Will Moonen
(03-18-2017, 05:48 AM)NogNeetMachinaal Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 11:49 PM)outkastm Wrote: updated to 11.0.2.0

Today, I finished the upgrade to nextCloud 11.0.2 and Apache 2.4 (and in that order).
Both where done with a manual install. Before installing Apache 2.4, I removed Apache 2.2.
I have some questions about the resuts.

(1) - During the last 2 nextCloud upgrades (i.e. to 11.0.1 and 11.0.2), 3 plugins where removed from the startup list.
These plugins are contacts, tasks and notes. Are you aware of this?
Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

(2) - After the Apache upgrade, I noticed the following message on the admin page:
=====
Your data directory and your files are probably accessible from the Internet. The .htaccess file is not working. We strongly suggest that you configure your web server in a way that the data directory is no longer accessible or you move the data directory outside the web server document root.
=====
I don't recall seeing this in Apache 2.2. Did I miss something here?
As in: was I supposed to do something before making the switch (apart from installing Apache 2.4)?

(3) - FYI: the message "unverified for current version" is back (running 3.1.00.5.3).
In an attempt to fix this, I upgraded the ThecusOS to 3.01.2 via a manual upload.
While the upgrade was successful and until now without any site effects, it didn't fix this particular "thing".
This is not blocking any operation - it seems just a cosmetic thing - hence the FYI.

That's it for now! :-)

Thanks you,
- Will Moonen

THX for feedback

1)Fixed in 11.0.2.1 (you still have to enable them on this version)
2) Within module WebUI go to Configuration files>>Edit httpd24.conf and look for this line
Code:
# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.
    # It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
    #   AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    #
    AllowOverride None

#
    # Controls who can get stuff from this server.
    #
change it to
Code:
# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.
    # It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
    #   AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    #
    AllowOverride All

#
    # Controls who can get stuff from this server.
    #

3) this is just a warning which informed that a module was manually installed and is not available on official Thecus repository.
If you have last version of OutkastMRepo you can manually update the repo or schedule for automating update and then this will dissapear
PS: for sure i need also to update the modules versions on my repo database which is not always happening right after the module is published on the forum, due to the lack of time. Sometimes it takes a few days
OS7 Outkastm Repository
updated to 11.0.2.1
OS7 Outkastm Repository
And don't remove apache2.2...the module will came as default with dependency for this one
apache24 is independent and does not affect apache 2.2
OS7 Outkastm Repository
(03-18-2017, 08:51 AM)outkastm Wrote: And don't remove apache2.2...the module will came as default with dependency for this one

Mmm - somewhat confusing this - Apache 2.4 is independent from Apache 2.2 - yet, I need to have both running???

Or is it that the modules you are offiering assume the initial run is on Apache 2.2?
Meaning that once re-configured (one way or the other), they don't need Apache 2.2?

Ow - btw - forgot to mention - FYI: the desktop of ThecusOS' WebUI doesn't show the Apache 2.4 icon.
Again - nothing seems to be broken; seems just cosmetic.

Cheers - Will
(03-18-2017, 08:18 AM)outkastm Wrote: 3) this is just a warning which informed that a module was manually installed and is not available on official Thecus repository.
If you have last version of OutkastMRepo you can manually update the repo or schedule for automating update and then this will dissapear
PS: for sure i need also to update the modules versions on my repo database which is not always happening right after the module is published on the forum, due to the lack of time. Sometimes it takes a few days

Just tried installing OutKastM and its dependency FajoCron (in the reverse order) - both are failing either way?
In addition, please note that there is only FajoCron 1.02.00; no 1.02.01?
(03-18-2017, 06:16 PM)NogNeetMachinaal Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 08:18 AM)outkastm Wrote: 3) this is just a warning which informed that a module was manually installed and is not available on official Thecus repository.

Just tried installing OutKastM and its dependency FajoCron (in the reverse order) - both are failing either way?

Did you update the Thecus Repository from manual install >> update module list ?
1.02.01 should be there
Also the link for FajoCron 1.02.01 has been updated on OutkastMRepo post
http://forum.thecus.com/showthread.php?tid=9913

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

OS7 Outkastm Repository
(03-18-2017, 06:53 PM)outkastm Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 06:16 PM)NogNeetMachinaal Wrote:

Did you update the Thecus Repository from manual install >> update module list ?
1.02.01 should be there
Also the link for FajoCron 1.02.01 has been updated on OutkastMRepo post
http://forum.thecus.com/showthread.php?tid=9913

My mistake - I have/had the ftp site from Thecus blocked.
Hence nothing to be found.
(03-18-2017, 05:56 PM)NogNeetMachinaal Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 08:51 AM)outkastm Wrote: And don't remove apache2.2...the module will came as default with dependency for this one

Mmm - somewhat confusing this - Apache 2.4 is independent from Apache 2.2 - yet, I need to have both running???

Or is it that the modules you are offiering assume the initial run is on Apache 2.2?
Meaning that once re-configured (one way or the other), they don't need Apache 2.2?

Ow - btw - forgot to mention - FYI: the desktop of ThecusOS' WebUI doesn't show the Apache 2.4 icon.
Again - nothing seems to be broken; seems just cosmetic.

Cheers - Will

To be more explicit
apache is a webserver used by different modules and every module which depend on apache start his own virtual server. That means the apache module (2.2 or 2.4) can be disabled but have to be installed. You have to enable apache module just if you wanna setup your own web site.
And yes, for the moment all modules depends on apache 2.2 by default but will be ported to 2.4 one by one if everything works ok.
And for the moment i didn't compile an apache 2.4 for x86 systems
Apache icon will be available if you install OutkastMrepo or when the module will be uploaded by Thecus on their FTP server
OS7 Outkastm Repository
I noticed a high mem usage (at least on my NAS) with apache 2.4 and php7.1 so is recommended to stay on 2.2 till more tests
OS7 Outkastm Repository