Require:
For x64
apache24 > 2.4.25.4
MariaDB > 10.0.12.0

For x86
MariaDB > 10.0.12.0
apache24 > 2.4.25.0 - for nextcloud 11.0.3.5 and above
apache > 2.2.29.2 - for nextcloud 11.0.3.5 and below

During setup choose a shared folder on your NAS to store your data (/raid/data/$name_of_your_share). After upgrade you can retrive your data

To enable cache memory, after Nextcloud is configured, add this line on nextcloud config.
Code:
'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APCu',

For x64 platform and x86 over 11.0.3.5 version, add also Redis mem cached in nextcloud config
Code:
'filelocking.enabled' => true,
'memcache.locking' => '\OC\Memcache\Redis',
 'redis' => array(</br>
     'host' => '127.0.0.1',</br>
     'port' => 6379,
      ),
About:

https://nextcloud.com

A safe home for all your data
Access & share your files, calendars, contacts, mail & more from any device, on your terms

Nextcloud puts you in control
Nextcloud puts your data at your fingertips, under your control. You store your photos, calendar, contacts and documents on a server of your choosing, be it at home, a rented server or at one of our providers. Your existing data can stay on that FTP drive at work, dropbox or a NAS you have at home, while you access it through Nextcloud.
A trusted solution giving you access to all data you care about in one convenient place!
[Image: serverwebui.png]

File access and sharing.Your files everywhere
Nextcloud gives you access to all your files wherever you are and whatever device you use.

The easy web interface allows you to share files with other users on your server, to create and send password protected public links, to let others upload files to your cloud and to get notifications on your phone and desktop when a user on another cloud server shares files directly with you. And you can do all these things from the desktop or mobile clients, too.

Nextcloud makes sharing and collaboration easy!

Security and control. Share on your terms
With Nextcloud, system administrators can control and direct the flow of data between users on a server. Rule based file tagging and responding to these tags as well as other triggers like physical location, user group, file properties and request type enables administrators to specifically deny access to, convert, delete or retain data following business or legal requirements.

Features including our monitoring app, 2-factor authentication, brute force protection and our Eur 5000 security bug bounty program give you the highest level of security and protection against privacy breaches.

Nextcloud puts you in control of your data and keeps it safe.
[Image: file_access_control_wee.png]

Monitoring your Nextcloud server
The Server Information app provides a way for admins to monitor the health and performance of a Nextcloud system. Besides the graphical UI, an API endpoint provided makes it possible for system administrators to import this data in their monitoring app so they can keep an eye on Nextcloud operations from the same place they monitor the rest of their infrastructure.
[Image: monitoring_wee.png]

Mobile and desktop clients
Nextcloud clients for Android, iOS and desktop systems allow you to sync and share files, in a fully secure way through an encrypted connection. The mobile clients feature automatic upload of pictures and videos you take and can synchronize select files and folders. The clients can handle multiple accounts, show all activity happening on your server and notify you of new events such as the availability of new shares.

While not all clients support all features yet, here is a non-exhaustive list of what you can do today:

Perform file operations such as rename, delete and move
Show previews of documents, photos and videos and choose between list and grid view
Mark files as favourites to keep them in sync with the server and available offline
Upload pictures taken with your phone's camera automatically
Share files directly with users on your Nextcloud, with other cloud servers or via public link
Get notified of shares or other events
Show all activity related to your files

External Storage
The external storage feature of Nextcloud gives you access to your data wherever it is. Nextcloud can access files stored with a wide variety of popular cloud service providers such as Amazon, Google and Dropbox, but you can also access them using standard protocols such as (S)FTP, WebDAV and more.

The Encryption App can encrypt data at rest for both local and remote storage, protecting data stored on networks outside of your infrastructure. Keys can be handled by an external key management server or stored locally, on the server. Nextcloud will keep your data where it is and retrieve it over a secure communication channel whenever you need to access it.
[Image: externalstorage.png]

External storage features:

Support for SWIFT, (S)FTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, Google Drive, Dropbox, SMB/CIFS/Windows Network Drive, Sharepoint and OpenStack Object Storage (Swift).
Full server side encryption with optional external key management
Encryption can be enabled or disabled for each external storage system
Administrators can control the list of external storage types users have access to
[Image: externalstorage2.png]

Calendar and Contacts

The Nextcloud Calendar and Contacts apps allow you to store, sync and share your plans and contacts. You can share with users or groups on your server or sync the calendar or contacts with your devices and access them wherever you are.
The Calendar and Contacts app feature:

Easy to use interface
Private and shared calendars and addressbooks with permissions management
CalDAV and CardDAV sync with third party clients both on mobile and desktop (i.e with Thunderbird)
[Image: calendar.png]

[Image: contacts.png]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: linkedinbutton.jpg]
Download modules from my forum pirinel.ro
Is nextcloud better, easier and/or more secure than owncloud? @outkastm: do you recommend switching to nextcloud? I have owncloud installed now, can I seamlessly migrate to nextcloud? If so, how?
As i don't use NextCloud and ownCloud is used just for basic tasks i cannot give you more info.
But the post below should answer all your questions. If you need help with something just let me know
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?t=37379">https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?t=37379</a><!-- m -->
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As i don't use NextCloud and ownCloud is used just for basic tasks i cannot give you more info.
But the post below should answer all your questions. If you need help with something just let me know
https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?t=37379
Thanks! that answers most of my questions.
Thanks! that answers most of my questions.
Updated to 10.0.1.0
Hi Team,
After making some changes to the nextCloud config I can not access things.
The following error keeps coming back:
=====
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.
=====

The changes made:
(1) - modified to TCP port 25443 for https
(2) - modified to TCP port 25080 for http
(3) - replaced localhost with morpheus.local.net

(4) - relocated the nextCloud data folder

For this, changes are made to the config.php as well both of the http-files.

The error.log shows only ssl errors about the hostname not being equal to the FQDN.
The certificate is for http://www.thecus.com.
Currently, the real hostname is morpheus.local.net.
=====
[Sat Dec 10 23:17:02 2016] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Sat Dec 10 23:17:02 2016] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `www.thecus.com' does NOT match server name!?
[Sat Dec 10 23:17:02 2016] [notice] Apache/2.2.29 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.29 OpenSSL/1.0.1j DAV/2 PHP/5.6.22 configured -- resuming normal operations
=====

Both, the N5810 and nextCloud are running the latest release.

Anyone an idea where to start troubleshooting this?

Best regards - Will

=====

Problem solved by starting from scratch.
(10-04-2016, 05:47 PM)outkastm Wrote: Updated to 10.0.1.0

There seems to be a version 10.0.2.
Is there a way to update manually?

Thanks - Will
i will update the module ASAP
Updated to 11.0.0.0
updated to 11.0.1.0
And it changed all references to raiddata/ back to raid/, and I have changed them all back, but it's refusing to connect to the desktop app, or load the page from the web interface.

Update: Edited all config files of MariaDB and nextCloud to make it work again.
N5550
8GB RAM
Firmware: 3.02.00.4 - OS7
5x4TB WD Red / Raid 5
Store videos / nextCloud / maybe Joomla test site
Self taught, and still learning!
Quote:'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APCu',

I added this to config.php.  Is there a phpinfo.php app that I can use to see if APCu is even running?

Is there anything else that I can set that might speed up uploading/downloading/syncing of files?  I read yesterday where a while ago ownCloud users were complaining of the same extremely long file transfers while syncing to desktop client, or uploading files.  It took 2 hours to upload 337 MB yesterday!  This makes usability very poor.  It seemed to be worse with many small files versus larger files.  One of the things I read was that this had to do with multiple DB writes or checks.

I'm game to try any ideas to fix this.

Thanks!
N5550
8GB RAM
5x4TB WD Red / Raid 5
After all the changing of paths back to where they should be, I got home tonight to try and tweak the performance after running phpinfo.  Odd thing, nextCloud doesn't even show any longer in the OS7 Apps.  The client is still connected to it, but my N5550 doesn't know it's there. Should I reinstall the app to get it back on the interface?

Does it use its own php.ini file?  I edited that file, and the httpd.conf file through the Apache interface page, yet phpinfo shows no changes applied.  I couldn't find a restart apache link, so after clicking the Modify button, I deactivated the module, and then activated it again.  Any ideas of how to make the changes work?

Thanks!
N5550
8GB RAM
5x4TB WD Red / Raid 5