Apache > 2.2.29.2 for 10.2.6.0 and below

NOTE :

login : root pass : thecus (phpMyAdmin)
listen on port 3306
incompatible if you already have a MySQL running
DB storage in /raid/data/MARIADB_DB
When you setup a connection to the database, type 127.0.0.1 instead localhost
Edit file config.inc.php to add blowfish secret passphrase

By default, root password is empty and guests are allowed to login.
To add a root password and secure the installation or after any upgrade, run the following command in SSH:
(set again the root password, even if is the same)
Code:
/raid/data/module/MariaDB/bin/MariaDB/bin/mysql_secure_installation --basedir=/raid/data/module/MariaDB/bin/MariaDB

After any upgrade, run the following command in SSH:
 if root password was not defined:
Code:
/raid/data/module/MariaDB/bin/MariaDB/bin/mysql_upgrade -u root
root password was defined
Code:
/raid/data/module/MariaDB/bin/MariaDB/bin/mysql_upgrade -u root -p

About :

https://mariadb.org

MariaDB is a drop-in replacement for MySQL.

MariaDB strives to be the logical choice for database professionals looking for a robust, scalable, and reliable SQL server. To accomplish this, Monty Program works to hire the best and brightest developers in the industry, work closely and cooperatively with the larger community of users and developers in the true spirit of Free and open source software, and release software in a manner that balances predictability with reliability.

Here are some important resources to get you started. All links will redirect you to external sites, noted in parentheses.

Features :

addition to the standard MyISAM, BLACKHOLE, CSV, MEMORY, ARCHIVE, and MERGE storage engines, the following are also included with MariaDB Source and Binary packages:

Aria
XtraDB (drop-in replacement for InnoDB)
PBXT (In MariaDB 5.1, MariaDB 5.2, and MariaDB 5.3. Disabled in MariaDB 5.5.)
FederatedX (drop-in replacement for Federated)
OQGRAPH (In MariaDB 5.1, MariaDB 5.2, and MariaDB 5.3. Disabled in MariaDB 5.5.) — new in 5.2
SphinxSE — new in 5.2
IBMDB2I. Oracle removed this in MySQL 5.1.55 but we have kept the code in MariaDB until the version 5.5.
TokuDB in MariaDB 5.5 and MariaDB 10.0
Cassandra in MariaDB 10.0
We are working on adding other NoSQL storage engines into MariaDB.
CONNECT in MariaDB 10.0
SEQUENCE in MariaDB 10.0
Spider in MariaDB 10.0

Speed improvements

A lot of optimizer enhancements in MariaDB 5.3. Subqueries are now finally usable! The complete list and a comparison with MySQL is here. A benchmark can be found here.
Faster and safer replication: Group commit for the binary log. This makes many setups that uses replication and lot's of updates more than 2x times faster.
Improvements for Innodb asynchronous IO subsystem on Windows.
Indexes for the MEMORY(HEAP) engine are faster. According to a simple test, 24% faster on INSERT for integer index and 60% faster for index on a CHAR(20) column.
CHECKSUM TABLE is faster.
We improved the performance of character set conversions (and removed conversions when they were not really needed). Overall speed improvement is 1-5 % (according to sql-bench) but can be higher for big results sets with all characters between 0x00-0x7f.
Pool of Threads in MariaDB 5.1 and even better in MariaDB 5.5. This allows MariaDB to run with 200,000+ connections and with a notable speed improvement when using many connections.
There are some improvements to the DBUG code to make its execution faster when debug is compiled in but not used.
Our use of the Aria storage engine enables faster complex queries (queries which normally use disk-based temporary tables). The Aria storage engine is used for internal temporary tables, which should give a speedup when doing complex selects. Aria is usually faster for temporary tables when compared to MyISAM because Aria caches row data in memory and normally doesn't have to write the temporary rows to disk.
The test suite has been extended and now runs much faster than before, even though it tests more things.

Extensions & new features

We've added a lot of new features to MariaDB. If a patch or feature is useful, safe, and stable — we make every effort to include it in MariaDB. The most notable features are:

Microseconds in MariaDB — new in 5.3
Microsecond Precision in Processlist
Table Elimination
Virtual Columns — new in 5.2
Extended User Statistics — new in 5.2
Segmented Key Cache for MyISAM — new in 5.2
KILL all queries for a user — new in 5.3
Pluggable Authentication — new in 5.2
Storage-engine-specific CREATE TABLE — new in 5.2
Enhancements to INFORMATION SCHEMA.PLUGINS table — new in 5.2
Group commit for the binary log. This makes replication notably faster! — new in 5.3
Added --rewrite-db mysqlbinlog option to change the used database — new in 5.2
Progress reporting for ALTER TABLE and LOAD DATA INFILE. — new in 5.3
Faster joins and subqueries. — new in 5.3
HandlerSocket and faster HANDLER calls. — new in 5.3
Dynamic Columns support. — new in 5.3
GIS Functionality — new in 5.3
Multi-source replication. — new in 10.0
SHOW EXPLAIN gives the EXPLAIN plan for a query running in another thread. — new in 10.0

Better Testing

More tests in the test suite.
Bugs in tests fixed.
Test builds with different configure options to get better feature testing.
Remove invalid tests. (e.g. don't test feature ''X'' if that feature is not in the tested build)

Fewer warnings and bugs

Bugs are bad. Fix as many bugs as possible and try to not introduce new ones.
Compiler warnings are also bad. Eliminate as many compiler warnings as possible.

Truly Open Source

All code in MariaDB is released under GPL, LPGL or BSD. MariaDB does not have closed source modules like the ones that can be found in MySQL Enterprise Edition. In fact, all the closed source features in MySQL 5.5 Enterprise Edition are found in the MariaDB open source version.
MariaDB includes test cases for all fixed bugs. Oracle doesn't provide test cases for new bugs fixed in MySQL 5.5.
All bugs and development plans are public.
MariaDB is developed by the community in true open source spirit.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: linkedinbutton.jpg]
Download modules from my forum https://pirinel.ro
Does not install on latest OS7 (Model Name N5550 Version 3.00.06.cdv):

2016/06/27 12:50:08: The App will install/upgrade, please do not reload or close the admin UI
2016/06/27 12:51:14: App Name : [ MariaDB ]
2016/06/27 12:51:14: App Version: [ 10.0.12.0 ]
2016/06/27 12:51:14: App installation failed because NAS versions does not match.
2016/06/27 12:51:14: App installation failed.
Does not install on latest OS7 (Model Name N5550 Version 3.00.06.cdv):

2016/06/27 12:50:08: The App will install/upgrade, please do not reload or close the admin UI
2016/06/27 12:51:14: App Name : [ MariaDB ]
2016/06/27 12:51:14: App Version: [ 10.0.12.0 ]
2016/06/27 12:51:14: App installation failed because NAS versions does not match.
2016/06/27 12:51:14: App installation failed.
added OS7 .cdv firmware support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And again successful installation. Thank you! Big Grin
Thanks for your support Wink
Download link does not work anymore. Is this correct?
Fixed
updated to 10.1.19.0
outkastm, you're a hard person to keep track of!  Cool

I'm trying to get nextCloud (now) installed, but I have 1 issue with MariaDB; Please create web server writable folder config in phpMyAdmin top level directory.  I've searched all over, created multiple config directories in various locations, but it's still not happy.  Where exactly should I create this directory to save phpMyAdmin settings or preferences.

I saw a reference to using InnoDB as well, and figured that should be saved within these preferences, but didn't see that either.  I'm dying to try nextCloud once I have these issues sorted out.

I have a N5550, and I'm really curious to also try Firmware 3.?? and OS7; have you deployed them anywhere running nextCloud?  Is it working okay?

Cheers,
Louis
N5550
8GB RAM
Firmware: 3.02.00.4 - OS7
5x4TB WD Red / Raid 5
Store videos / nextCloud / maybe Joomla test site
Self taught, and still learning!
Nextcloud is available in AppCenter of OS7.
But should run also in OS5. When u get this error ? Can you post a screenshot ?
Thanks for the reply!  I got MariaDB installed and happy with no more error messages, so I installed nextCloud.  Then I found this:
Additionally the following InnoDB settings need to be set:

[mysqld]
innodb_large_prefix=true
innodb_file_format=barracuda
innodb_file_per_table=true

So, I'm trying to find the my.cnf file for MariaDB, but I don't believe there is one, and I think that's where that should be set. I'm about ready to just make one and put it somewhere that it only corresponds to nextCloud, so that anything else I might try that needs a db won't be effected by it.

Are the rest of the innodb setting configured somewhere else?

Once this is all up and running, I'm going to try OS7.
N5550
8GB RAM
5x4TB WD Red / Raid 5
I will add a new version 10.1.19.1 of MariaDB, and some comments have been added on the first post. "my.cnf" will be available to edit from module WebUI
I created the file my.cnf adding only these items:
[mysqld]
innodb_large_prefix = true
innodb_file_format = barracuda
innodb_file_per_table = true

BINLOG_FORMAT = MIXED

Everything seems to be working, but the test email isn't. Sad
N5550
8GB RAM
5x4TB WD Red / Raid 5
added 10.1.19.1 for x64

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [ MySQL-PhpMyAdmin x86 & x64 ] [ 5.6.19-4.2.5 ] MySQL Server Qoolbox 67 20,881 01-22-2017, 10:56 PM
Last Post: outkastm
  [ PureFTPd x86 & x64 ][ 1.0.36 ] FTP Server [MySQL Backend ] Qoolbox 15 6,108 08-27-2015, 05:12 PM
Last Post: kos
  [ Universal Media Server ] [ 4.1.3.0] Ps3 Media Server Fork Qoolbox 170 57,796 01-17-2015, 03:00 PM
Last Post: romulus
  [ MariaDB x86 & x64 ] [ 10.0.12 ] MariaDB MySQL Server Fork Qoolbox 50 12,206 10-27-2014, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Pikachu
  [ MySQL-PhpMyAdmin PowerPC ] [ 5.5.37-4.2.1 ] MySQL Server Qoolbox 0 1,016 05-15-2014, 02:59 AM
Last Post: Qoolbox
  [ MySQL / PhpMyAdmin ] [ 5.6.12 / 4.0.4.1 ] Database Server Qoolbox 166 38,600 04-12-2014, 02:03 AM
Last Post: Qoolbox
  [ MySQL / PhpMyAdmin ] [ 5.6.12 / 4.0.4.1 ] Database Server 0 22,848 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  [ MySQL-PhpMyAdmin x86 & x64 ] [ 5.6.19-4.2.5 ] MySQL Server 0 10,670 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  [ MariaDB x86 & x64 ] [ 10.0.12 ] MariaDB MySQL Server Fork 0 7,357 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  [ PureFTPd x86 & x64 ][ 1.0.36 ] FTP Server [MySQL Backend ] 0 4,144 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: