Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Resilio][2.5.8.076.0] Keeps Your Files In Sync
Sorry, no PPC version is released by Resilio and also the source code is not available to compile one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: linkedinbutton.jpg]
Download modules from my forum https://pirinel.ro/forum
Does anyone have a guide for migrating the configuration from BTSync 2.x to Resilio? I have a bunch of shares that I do not want to have to recreate, and it would be much easier to just migrate the configuration files over.
Thecus N5550
Disks: 5*3TB RAID5 (5 * Western Digital Red WDC WD30EFRX)
Memory: 4GB (2*2GB)
Firmware: 2.06.01
Stop btsync module
copy the folder /raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/btsync to /raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/Resilio
open the file  /raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/Resilio/sync.conf and:
 - replace "storage_path" : "/raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/btsync", with "storage_path" : "/raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/Resilio",
 - replace "pid_file" : "/raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/btsync/btsync.pid", with "pid_file" : "/raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/Resilio/resilio.pid",

Install Resilio and start the module.
If everything work OK, you can remove btsync and also the folder /raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/btsync
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
x64 updated to 2.4.4.732
(02-24-2017, 09:58 AM)outkastm Wrote: Stop btsync module
copy the folder /raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/btsync to /raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/Resilio
open the file  /raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/Resilio/sync.conf and:
 - replace "storage_path" : "/raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/btsync", with "storage_path" : "/raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/Resilio",
 - replace "pid_file" : "/raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/btsync/btsync.pid", with "pid_file" : "/raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/Resilio/resilio.pid",

Install Resilio and start the module.
If everything work OK, you can remove btsync and also the folder /raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/btsync

Tried this on my N5550 and when attempting to enable the app, it just says

Code:
2017/02/23 23:22:34: Enable App [Resilio] started.
2017/02/23 23:22:34: Enable App [Resilio] failed.

Nothing gets written to the btsync.log in the Resilio directory or anything else in there, so I'm not sure why it isn't starting up.  

I also tried
Code:
mv btsync.pid resilio.pid
in case that made a difference, but that didn't help.  The only new/updated file I see in the Resilio directory after attempting to start it up is an empty ".sync" directory.  My ".SyncUser1459801680" directory seems to remain untouched.

Edit: I also tried modifying sync.dat since I saw an entry with /raid/MOD_CONFIG/btsync in it (which i changed to Resilio) but that still didn't fix it.

I'm trying to get this working with 2.4.4.732.
Thecus N5550
Let me check on my OS5 NAS
sync.conf structure is not quite compatible between btsync and resilio so you have to change something in /raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/Resilio/sync.conf

Cut this part:
Code:
/* directory_root path defines where the WebUI Folder browser starts (linux only). Default value is / */
"directory_root" : "/raid/data/"

/* directory_root_policy defines how directory_root is used (linux only).
  Valid values are:
    "all" - accepts directory_root and its subdirectories for 'getdir' and 'adddir' actions
    "belowroot" - accepts directory_root's subdirectories for 'getdir' and 'adddir' actions,
    but denies attempts to use 'adddir' to create directories directly within directory_root
  Default value is "all". */
//  ,"directory_root_policy" : "all"

and paste it right after these lines like below, notice the coma position on the last line

Code:
// "proxy_username" : "user",
// "proxy_password" : "password",

/* directory_root path defines where the WebUI Folder browser starts (linux only). Default value is / */
"directory_root" : "/raid/data/",

Valid values are:
    "all" - accepts directory_root and its subdirectories for 'getdir' and 'adddir' actions
    "belowroot" - accepts directory_root's subdirectories for 'getdir' and 'adddir' actions,
    but denies attempts to use 'adddir' to create directories directly within directory_root
//  "directory_root_policy" : "all",

And change this part to look exactly like below as the password can be edited within Resilio WebUI
Code:
    "listen" : "0.0.0.0:8888" // remove field to disable WebUI

/* preset credentials. Use password or password_hash */
// "login" : "admin",
// "password" : "thecus"
x86 updated also to 2.4.4.732
(02-24-2017, 09:16 PM)outkastm Wrote: sync.conf structure is not quite compatible between btsync and resilio so you have to change something in /raid/data/MOD_CONFIG/Resilio/sync.conf

Cut this part:
Code:
"directory_root" : "/raid/data/"

Valid values are:
//  ,"directory_root_policy" : "all"

and paste it right after these lines like below, notice the coma position on the last line

Code:
// "proxy_username" : "user",
// "proxy_password" : "password",

"directory_root" : "/raid/data/",

Valid values are:
//  "directory_root_policy" : "all",

And change this part to look exactly like below as the password can be edited within Resilio WebUI
Code:
    "listen" : "0.0.0.0:8888" // remove field to disable WebUI

/* preset credentials. Use password or password_hash */
// "login" : "admin",
// "password" : "thecus"

This fixed it. Thanks!
Thecus N5550
updated to 2.5.2.966.0
I don't understand where Thecus as a company are going... but:
- That they allow it to force users making a donation to be able to download OpenSource compiled software.
- They don't provide the binaries from their own servers...
outkastm, I guess you were forced (somehow) to do this, and they (thecus) are shitty as hell in managing these things themselves.
I've seen many with best intentions come and go (Stéphane comes to my mind, and others)... but this is really bad for them as a company.

I really liked their products (only used the higher end ones mostly), for the performance... but ready to abandon them completely, as even their pricing isn't realistic anymore (€2500 for an empty D16000? looool, for that price, i'll get an high density other/better enclosure with expander)

Sorry for the rant, but this was the drop I needed...
Stephane had a contract with Thecus, when this was finished and not renewed, he completely dropped the support and moved to another company which is understandable. For me, Thecus didn't offered any contract despite to my question to them. So for 2 years i've done this for free but as the module list was increasing i cannot continue any more. I had 2 options: or i will do the same as others and drop the maintaining completely which in respect for this community i want to delay it as much as i can, or i ask for a small donation which belive me will not cover even 5 procent of the time spent developing these modules. Makin a module is not a simple binary copy, sometimes involve hours of compilation, documentation and manually writing scripts for one architecture
(08-29-2017, 10:29 PM)outkastm Wrote: Stephane had a contract with Thecus, when this was finished and not renewed, he completely dropped the support and moved to another company which is understandable. For me, Thecus didn't offered any contract despite to my question to them. So for 2 years i've done this for free but as the module list was increasing i cannot continue any more. I had 2 options: or i will do the same as others and drop the maintaining completely which in respect for this community i want to delay it as much as i can, or i ask for a small donation which belive me will not cover even 5 procent of the time spent developing these modules. Makin a module is not a simple binary copy, sometimes involve hours of compilation, documentation and manually writing scripts for one architecture
Outkastm,

Don't get me wrong... this was absolutely no criticism to you! I really appreciate at least somebody takes the initiative.
I just can't understand Thecus still exists with such lack of support and bad management of modules.
Frankly, I think if it only covers 5% of your invested time, you should drop them too... maybe then they can start worrying when the community starts complaining.
Now your time is cheap for them, and something less to worry about or invest in.
QNAP and Synology seem to be able to support/manage this quite well...
I also made a module once in the past (for my own needs)... and I know what a hassle it can be.

Guess I'm just done with Thecus because of this, and have to move on...

Really hope for the community they see the need, take responsibility, and act to give their customer base the support they deserve.
I don't get you wrong, don't worry....just wanted to explain the situation behind my decision 😐
updated to 2.5.8.076.0

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BitTorrent Sync][v1.4.103] Keeps Your Files In Sync BrianGilbert 262 114,771 01-25-2017, 03:53 PM
Last Post: a_deep