Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone try out Thecus OS 7 Beta yet
I added a drive to my NAS and realized that "Space Expansion" and File Checker and either missing or not usable. You'd think these would be basic options available no matter what OS, beta or not.
Hi, I have an N5550 since the beginning, might want to backup all and migrate to OS7.
I have 3 discs of 3TB and 2 of 2TB.

Synology has something called Hybrid Raid. So it uses 5x2TB (raid 5) and has 2x1TB (mirror) left.
Does that work in OS7 too?

OS5 is failing often to me? Why should, or shouldn't I migrate to OS7? thx
I have 18619~ GB available capacity.
My only datastore has approximately 7~ TB used.
The admin panel says I have 14~ TB used.

This wasn't the case before I installed OS7.
(I moved my data to an external source and did an upgrade to OS7, then copied my 7~ TB back onto the NAS)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-31-2017, 11:25 PM)delete Wrote: I have 18619~ GB available capacity.
My only datastore has approximately 7~ TB used.
The admin panel says I have 14~ TB used.

This wasn't the case before I installed OS7.
(I moved my data to an external source and did an upgrade to OS7, then copied my 7~ TB back onto the NAS)

Hidden Recycle Bin with 7TB~ worth of data was stored inside there.
is this still beta or stillborn
great support!! well done thecus very well done
Rainbow 
Picked up an N5550 with OS 5  and decided to take the plunge with OS 7 before I put too much on it.  can't say I'm too thrilled so far.
Documentation is poor and many of the  OS 7 apps  won't load at all.  Lots of bugs and no context  help  to speak of.  Seriously regretting not buying another Netgear or trying Synology

Sad
just checked down load padge noticed thecus has relesed os7 and it dont say beta any word if this offical realsese pleaseS7 models irmware

[Release Note]
As below:

[New Features/Changes]
  1. Add Turkish support.
  2. Add support OS5'User/Group backup import to OS7.
  3. Improve RAID display & migration.
  4. Improve schedule on function.
  5. Improve HTTP 500 issue.
[Bug Fixes]
  1. -
  2. -
* What is best way upgrade OS5 to OS7
http://esupport.thecus.com/default_import/Knowledgebase/Article/View/697/0/what-is-most-stable-method-migrate-to-os7

v3.01.02
2017-03-16
Rainbow 
(03-17-2017, 07:26 PM)hammer25 Wrote: just checked down load padge noticed thecus has relesed os7 and it dont say beta any word if this offical realsese pleaseS7 models irmware

[Release Note]
As below:

[New Features/Changes]
  1. Add Turkish support.
  2. Add support OS5'User/Group backup import to OS7.
  3. Improve RAID display & migration.
  4. Improve schedule on function.
  5. Improve HTTP 500 issue.
[Bug Fixes]
  1. -
  2. -
* What is best way upgrade OS5 to OS7
http://esupport.thecus.com/default_import/Knowledgebase/Article/View/697/0/what-is-most-stable-method-migrate-to-os7

v3.01.02
2017-03-16

I'd  be hesitant  for any mission critical  stuff.  The app center  leaves a lot to be desired.  I have outstanding  tickets about the shutdown  and reboot  that have yet  to be answered or addressed.   It looks  pretty  and is much better than the first iterations but.....
OS7 has been in development for so long that by the time it releases it might as well be OS8.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone try out Thecus OS 7 Beta yet 0 3,428 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: