Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ CrashPlan] [ 4.8.2.0 ]CrashPlan Backup Server
EDIT to add
outkast, sorry I missed your post. I found this via google. Thanks for your help Smile

FYI, manual module uninstall can be found here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.thecus.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=4496&start=0">viewtopic.php?f=70&t=4496&start=0</a><!-- l -->

Here's the code there modified for CrashPlan (case sensitive module name)

First
Code:
rm -rf "/raid/data/module/cfg/module.rc/CrashPlan.rc"
rm -rf "/raid/data/module/CrashPlan"
rm -f "/img/htdocs/module/CrashPlan"

Then
Code:
/opt/bin/sqlite /raid/data/module/cfg/module.db "delete from module where name = 'CrashPlan'"
/opt/bin/sqlite /raid/data/module/cfg/module.db "delete from mod where module = 'CrashPlan'"
outkast. Thanks for the module support.

I had to disable the crashplan service in 4.4.1 to keep it from overwriting my ui.info file with the local UID. Otherwise your instructions were great. I think I'm finally backing up again (though adoption and file/block sync of ~4tb of files will take a while for me to verify)

Thanks again!
outkast. Thanks for the module support.

I had to disable the crashplan service in 4.4.1 to keep it from overwriting my ui.info file with the local UID. Otherwise your instructions were great. I think I'm finally backing up again (though adoption and file/block sync of ~4tb of files will take a while for me to verify)

Thanks again!
vcdechagn. I appear to be having the same problem as you had with it overwriting my ui.info file with the local UID. Please could you clarify how you resolved it, i.e. disabled the crashplan service in 4.4.1.
vcdechagn. I appear to be having the same problem as you had with it overwriting my ui.info file with the local UID. Please could you clarify how you resolved it, i.e. disabled the crashplan service in 4.4.1.
Indeed, everytime CrashPlanService is restarted on PC and is detecting that .ui_info has been modified it will overwrite this file with a new one. A workaround is to set the attribute for .ui_info file as Read Only on PC, after it was modified with the the port,auth token, and IP of the NAS. In that way, the file is not replaced when CrashPlanService is restarted on PC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: linkedinbutton.jpg]
Download modules from my forum pirinel.ro
Indeed, everytime CrashPlanService is restarted on PC and is detecting that .ui_info has been modified it will overwrite this file with a new one. A workaround is to set the attribute for .ui_info file as Read Only on PC, after it was modified with the the port,auth token, and IP of the NAS. In that way, the file is not replaced when CrashPlanService is restarted on PC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For some reason I the Crashplan App is now hanging up on connection page upon initial startup. I even did a full uninstall on both Thecus and PC and it just says connecting...

I uninstalled on Thecus and PC, Re-installed 4.4.1 on Thecus, ran the patch to patch the IP to 0.0.0.0 then installed on PC, went into the Crashplan folder and added serviceHost=<10.0.0.8>

Then copied the ui.info from thecus to C:\ProgramData\CrashPlan and changed the IP to 10.0.0.8 and made it read only and it will say "Cannot connect to backup engine'
For some reason I the Crashplan App is now hanging up on connection page upon initial startup. I even did a full uninstall on both Thecus and PC and it just says connecting...

I uninstalled on Thecus and PC, Re-installed 4.4.1 on Thecus, ran the patch to patch the IP to 0.0.0.0 then installed on PC, went into the Crashplan folder and added serviceHost=<10.0.0.8>

Then copied the ui.info from thecus to C:\ProgramData\CrashPlan and changed the IP to 10.0.0.8 and made it read only and it will say "Cannot connect to backup engine'
Hi,
I supposed 10.0.0.8 is your NAS IP. In .ui_info on PC, did you also change the port to 4243 ? Please read the info from the first post, it has been updated.
Hi,
I supposed 10.0.0.8 is your NAS IP. In .ui_info on PC, did you also change the port to 4243 ? Please read the info from the first post, it has been updated.
outkastm,

I did read the first post with the instructions and confirmed that ui.info on pc is 4243, ID code,10.0.0.8 and I logged into NAS and confirmed the id is the same in both files.
outkastm,

I did read the first post with the instructions and confirmed that ui.info on pc is 4243, ID code,10.0.0.8 and I logged into NAS and confirmed the id is the same in both files.
Really strange. Did you checked if the CrashPlan Service is running on your Nas ? Are you trying to connect from local network or trough internet ?
Really strange. Did you checked if the CrashPlan Service is running on your Nas ? Are you trying to connect from local network or trough internet ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Crashplan] N8800 Craig 1 1,077 02-23-2016, 06:39 AM
Last Post: outkastm
  [ CrashPlan ] [ 3.6.4.0 ] Code42 CrashPlan Backup Server Qoolbox 153 42,845 10-01-2015, 05:11 AM
Last Post: outkastm
  [CrashPlan][3.6.4.0] maharg 7 2,604 10-27-2014, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Qoolbox
  [CrashPlan][3.6.4.0] 0 1,248 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  [ CrashPlan x86 & x64] [ 4.7.0.0 ]CrashPlan Backup Server 0 10,388 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: