Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to access BIOS with F2
The keyboard has to be plugged into one of the two black USB 2.0 ports. If it still doesn't respond then you have to access it through windows 2012 because UEFI is enabled in the BIOS.

Get the menu by putting the mouse on the upper right corner of the desktop and go to Change PC Settings -> Update and recovery -> Recovery -> Restart
You'll see troubleshooting options that let you boot from USB and other choices. Once you select another option the F2 will work to get back into BIOS at a later time.
The keyboard has to be plugged into one of the two black USB 2.0 ports. If it still doesn't respond then you have to access it through windows 2012 because UEFI is enabled in the BIOS.

Get the menu by putting the mouse on the upper right corner of the desktop and go to Change PC Settings -> Update and recovery -> Recovery -> Restart
You'll see troubleshooting options that let you boot from USB and other choices. Once you select another option the F2 will work to get back into BIOS at a later time.
Dear Sir,

This F2 action aplly for some useful FAQ document, and shoudl work correclty, please assist as doing following steps before arrange RMA service or swap a new unit:
1. Power NAS up and with 4 sec.
2. Press F2 continuously for 20 times with 1 sec intervel each to BIOS configuration page.
or
2. Press F5 continuously for 20 times with 1 sec intervel each to BOOT MENU.
Yvon.
Dear Sir,

This F2 action aplly for some useful FAQ document, and shoudl work correclty, please assist as doing following steps before arrange RMA service or swap a new unit:
2. Press F2 continuously for 20 times with 1 sec intervel each to BIOS configuration page.
or
2. Press F5 continuously for 20 times with 1 sec intervel each to BOOT MENU.
Yvon.
Why is uEFI not an option when you hold down shift and click restart like all the other machines with a uEFI motherboard I wonder?
Why is uEFI not an option when you hold down shift and click restart like all the other machines with a uEFI motherboard I wonder?
Dear Sir,

Current W2000 W4000 W5000 default is UEFI already...
Yvon.
Dear Sir,

Current W2000 W4000 W5000 default is UEFI already...
Yvon.
What I mean on most uEFI boxes in that troubleshoot option there is an option to select uEFI
on reboot it goes to what I still call BIOS. It presses F2 for you so to speak on reboot
What I mean on most uEFI boxes in that troubleshoot option there is an option to select uEFI
on reboot it goes to what I still call BIOS. It presses F2 for you so to speak on reboot

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to access BIOS with F2 0 1,131 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: