Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Recycle Bin (FW 5.03.02)
I recently upgraded my N4100PRO from 3.xx to 5.03.02. I've learned through these forums that deleted items are no longer put in the .recycle folders for each Share folder. If I understand correctly, deleted items are now put into a single _NAS_Recycle_RAID folder. Both "Samba Recycle Bin" and "Recycle Bin Folder Display" are enabled. I can see _NAS_Recycle_RAID, but when I delete things, they do not show up there. I do see a few .tmp and other Microsoft Office temporary files (Example: "Copy #1 of ~example.xlsx"), so it seems like I am able to view folder contents.

Should I be looking somewhere else to manually delete recycled items?

EDIT: Marked as [SOLVED] on June 4, 2015.
Dear Sir,

Basically the recycle bin just rmove the file which user MARK file only, thus NAS won't remove unmaked files or temp files.
Yvon.
I have solved my problem through much searching and experimenting (and gnashing of teeth). The details:

Make & Model: Thecus N4100PRO
Firmware: 5.03.02

* FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS YOU MAY EXPERIENCE!!
* In the left menu, go to Application Server > Auto Module Installation.
* Find the HiSSH module and click on its icon to "Install Module Online". Follow the steps through to completion. It was not necessary to reboot the NAS.
* From the Application Server menu, go to Module Installation.
* On the line for HiSSH, click on the "Enable Module" button in the Action column.
* I then used https://filezilla-project.org/to connect.
* In FileZilla, go to File > Site Manager.
* Click [New Site].
** Host = {IP of your NAS} or {name of your NAS}
** Port = (I left it blank, I think it defaults to 22)
** Protocol = SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol
** Logon Type = Normal
** User = root
** Password = {your web admin password}
* Click [Connect].
* This will open to the /root folder on the NAS. Go up one level and find the folder "raid{#}" where {#} is the ID of the RAID you want to delete from. For me, this was "raid0" (and probably is for you, too).
* The path to the recycling folder I was looking for was "/raid0/data/_NAS_Recycle_RAID". Once I started deleting things from here, I started seeing the free space on my NAS begin to increase.
* You're on your own from here. Good luck!
Maybe useful for anyone having difficulty installing or using SSH:

I have found that doing a firmware upgrade of my n5500 seemed to clear out this folder too.
Maybe useful for anyone having difficulty installing or using SSH:

I have found that doing a firmware upgrade of my n5500 seemed to clear out this folder too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] Recycle Bin (FW 5.03.02) 0 1,236 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: