Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N7510 and Time Machine
Hello,
I was considering purchasing either a Thecus N7510 or Thecus N4200ECO NAS.
However I have been reading a few posts where people are having issues with Time Machine Backups.
Are there any Thecus NAS products (hopefully both the above as well) that have full support for Apple Time machine, and will allow an Apple device to back up to the NAS unit whilst also allowing the same Apple device access to the rest of the storage?
From my understanding, once you set up Time Machine to back up to the NAS unit, the user is then restricted on space, which is dictated by the Time Machine setting.

Any help / thoughts would be appreciated guys.
Hello,
I was considering purchasing either a Thecus N7510 or Thecus N4200ECO NAS.
However I have been reading a few posts where people are having issues with Time Machine Backups.
Are there any Thecus NAS products (hopefully both the above as well) that have full support for Apple Time machine, and will allow an Apple device to back up to the NAS unit whilst also allowing the same Apple device access to the rest of the storage?
From my understanding, once you set up Time Machine to back up to the NAS unit, the user is then restricted on space, which is dictated by the Time Machine setting.

Any help / thoughts would be appreciated guys.
Hi tigerpie,

Evenif you setup the restricted space in Time Machine setup, you still can use the NAS share space.
Would you mind submitting a support ticket at http://esupport.thecus.com/Tickets/Submit

Best,
John, May 13 '15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  N7510 and Time Machine 0 455 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: