Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N4100 Pro Keeps Going Offline
Good Afternoon All

I have 2 N4100pro's on the same LAN

One recently began periodcally going offline while the other continued to work

They are identical in terms of configuration

To get the NAS back online, I have to reboot and all works for a time then borks

Any suggestions?

Thanks~
Good Afternoon All

I have 2 N4100pro's on the same LAN

One recently began periodcally going offline while the other continued to work

They are identical in terms of configuration

To get the NAS back online, I have to reboot and all works for a time then borks

Any suggestions?

Thanks~
Hi b0b_zee,

Not sure if one is with hardware instability issue?

Best,
John, May 13 '15
Hi b0b_zee,

Not sure if one is with hardware instability issue?

Best,
John, May 13 '15
Suddenly, I am having the same problem with my N4100Pro. I am using the default address 192.168.1.100, connected to a wireless repeater. I can Ping the port all day long, no issues, 1ms turnaround. However, I cannot connect to the device, and all drives mapped to that device. I have a Diskology NAS on the same repeater, and it never loses connection.

I have to force a shutdown via the power switch, as the front panel action never gets past "Shutting Down...." message. I've left the NAS in Shutting Down mode for over 24 hours with no result. The N4100Pro boots up without issue, shows nothing in the error logs, and work flawlessly for 7-9 days before it is suddenly locked again. I am running the newest firmware available from Thecus. I am running a Raid 5 with 4 drives (1 4TB HGST Deskstar, 3 3TB HGST Deskstar).

I've changed ports on the repeater, changed Ethernet cables, run disk checks, everything appears solid and no issues. There is no warning and no unusual activity before the Thecus NAS simple stops responding. I just get "An error occurred while connecting K: to \\N4100PRO\Financial_Records Microsoft Windows Network: The network path was not found. This connection has not been restored.

Any ideas to help?
I've been having a similar problem for the past month or so. My N4100 Pro will suddenly lose network connectivity and show no drive activity. Both ethernet connections are lit solid. From what I can tell, the NAS makes it 2 days, 2 hours and 22 minutes before it hangs up. It's also doing a spontaneous RAID 5 rebuild.

I removed some data from the device in hopes that it would complete the rebuild quicker but it hung one more time anyway. However...as of today, it has now stayed up and online for 2 days 19 hours and change.

A contributing factor is that drive #2 is now showing disk errors. This will be the FIFTH drive that has failed in this NAS. I can't blame it on bad power since there are two other NAS's (one WD sharespace and one Synology Diskstation) sitting next to the Thecus. They're all on an APC UPS and the other two have had ZERO problems. I suspect that the Thecus is somehow dropping power or connection to the drives and causing the heads to crash or cause damage.

I've got a ticket open with Thecus in hopes that they can shed some light, but I don't really have my hopes up. If I get any more info I'll post back here.

CZ
Dear Sir,

If you can't see your RAID or DATA, please refer to following FAQ:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thecus.kayako.com/default_import/News/NewsItem/View/47/some-tips-for-tech-support">http://thecus.kayako.com/default_import ... ch-support</a><!-- m -->
Yvon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  N4100 Pro Keeps Going Offline 0 811 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: