Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W5000 LCM clock stuck
Hi
When setting up Win2012R2 Essentials, the LCM display showed the same time as the operating system clock.

Some time later... all Win updates applied and numerous reboots. Currently formatting the RAID disks.
The installed LCM display utility is version 1.05

The LCM display clock is now "stuck" showing the time from the last reboot.

Any clues?
Hi
When setting up Win2012R2 Essentials, the LCM display showed the same time as the operating system clock.

Some time later... all Win updates applied and numerous reboots. Currently formatting the RAID disks.
The installed LCM display utility is version 1.05

The LCM display clock is now "stuck" showing the time from the last reboot.

Any clues?
UPDATE
I mentioned in another post that on the W5000 the buttons below the LCM display are glued.
By very firmly pressing one or more buttons, the display can be forced into updating the time - for a short while, then it's stuck again.
UPDATE
I mentioned in another post that on the W5000 the buttons below the LCM display are glued.
By very firmly pressing one or more buttons, the display can be forced into updating the time - for a short while, then it's stuck again.
I've never paid any real attention to the LCD display (the box is under the desk and not readily visible without bending/craning) but I can confirm that I see the same behaviour from v1.05 of the utility
Cheers, Steve
I've never paid any real attention to the LCD display (the box is under the desk and not readily visible without bending/craning) but I can confirm that I see the same behaviour from v1.05 of the utility
Cheers, Steve
Stopping and starting the ThecusLCMSvc service, updates the display (volume usage, date & time).
Not really ideal to have to do that!
Stopping and starting the ThecusLCMSvc service, updates the display (volume usage, date & time).
Not really ideal to have to do that!
Thecus Support replied:
Quote:Please kindly try to recovery the OS with following link for latest recovery WSS image, and also this version included recently update from Microsoft:
The recovery OS did add some features (such as OrbWeb) but did not resolve the issue with refresh of the LCM display.
Thecus Support replied:
Quote:Please kindly try to recovery the OS with following link for latest recovery WSS image, and also this version included recently update from Microsoft:
The recovery OS did add some features (such as OrbWeb) but did not resolve the issue with refresh of the LCM display.
Dear Sir,

Would you specify how to make this issue happen for we able to duplicate and reslvoe?
Yvon.
Dear Sir,

Would you specify how to make this issue happen for we able to duplicate and reslvoe?
Yvon.
No specific steps are required to cause this issue.

1. System power on - LCM shows startup information
2. Operating system booted - LCM shows device name, disk usage, date & time correctly
3. Wait approx 5 minutes - LCM refreshes showing current disk usage, date & time
4. After approx 5 minutes - information displayed on LCM is no longer refreshed

From this point onwards the LCM does not show the current date & time or any changes in disk usage.

By restarting the LCMDisplay service (administrator operation) the LCM information is updated, but stops refreshing after about 5 minutes.
No specific steps are required to cause this issue.

1. System power on - LCM shows startup information
2. Operating system booted - LCM shows device name, disk usage, date & time correctly
3. Wait approx 5 minutes - LCM refreshes showing current disk usage, date & time
4. After approx 5 minutes - information displayed on LCM is no longer refreshed

From this point onwards the LCM does not show the current date & time or any changes in disk usage.

By restarting the LCMDisplay service (administrator operation) the LCM information is updated, but stops refreshing after about 5 minutes.
Dear Sir,

This LCM display is a procoess under OS, here we doing a test make CPU full loading would like such LCM issue, but since CPU resource relased and LCM back to normal, thus please aissist use check any abnormal process make this issue, before you arrange this unit for RMA service.
Yvon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  W5000 LCM clock stuck 0 2,134 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: