Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Migrating NAS?
Hey guys,
I am thinking of upgrading my NAS and have a few questions. I currently have the N2200Evo and am thinking of getting a new NAS (either a newer 2 bay or a 4 bay)

1) My disks are setup in RAID 0, Can i unplug the drives and move them over to the new NAS? If I go for the 4 bay, would I be able to add more drives into the RAID array?
2) Is there a way to "Stack" my N2200EVO? Or would I have to have them running as independent devices? (Possibly iSCSI?)

Thanks!

EDIT - Updated some info.....
Hey guys,
I am thinking of upgrading my NAS and have a few questions. I currently have the N2200Evo and am thinking of getting a new NAS (either a newer 2 bay or a 4 bay)

1) My disks are setup in RAID 0, Can i unplug the drives and move them over to the new NAS? If I go for the 4 bay, would I be able to add more drives into the RAID array?
2) Is there a way to "Stack" my N2200EVO? Or would I have to have them running as independent devices? (Possibly iSCSI?)

Thanks!

EDIT - Updated some info.....
Anyone?
Anyone?
Hi poiromaniax ,

A: RAID0 means you can not lost any HDD, please be careful and schedule backup your data. N2200EVO RAID can not be detected by other new NAS. You can use Rsync function to Backup from N2200EVO to new NAS.

If your NAS is Thecus, you can stack N2200EVO iSCSI to new NAS.
Hi poiromaniax ,

A: RAID0 means you can not lost any HDD, please be careful and schedule backup your data. N2200EVO RAID can not be detected by other new NAS. You can use Rsync function to Backup from N2200EVO to new NAS.

If your NAS is Thecus, you can stack N2200EVO iSCSI to new NAS.