Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SMB/CIFS broken
Hi,

I recently purchased one of these NAS slightly used. It seems functional enough, though the NFS capabilities are a bit lacking, had to add a line to the exports file simply to get insecure mounts for Kodi. However, CIFS was working fine until now.

:/img/bin/rc# ./rc.samba restart
killall: winbindd: no process killed
Check AD
Check SMB
assemble Conf to /var/run/smb.conf
Confile = /var/run/smb.conf
Assemble stack folder smb.conf failed
Assemble stack folder AppleVolumes.default failed
Check link in ftproot
/img/bin/rc
Starting Samba: /opt/samba/sbin/smbd
/opt/samba/sbin/nmbd

/var/run/smb.conf is there.

Also, what part of this NAS executes scripts on startup? I would really like to resolve these issues by simply having the NAS execute my own scripts upon boot in order to properly configure NAS and CIFS beyond what the GUI can do. Afterall, it is a small Linux implementation (busybox).
Hi,

I recently purchased one of these NAS slightly used. It seems functional enough, though the NFS capabilities are a bit lacking, had to add a line to the exports file simply to get insecure mounts for Kodi. However, CIFS was working fine until now.

:/img/bin/rc# ./rc.samba restart
killall: winbindd: no process killed
Check AD
Check SMB
assemble Conf to /var/run/smb.conf
Confile = /var/run/smb.conf
Assemble stack folder smb.conf failed
Assemble stack folder AppleVolumes.default failed
Check link in ftproot
/img/bin/rc
Starting Samba: /opt/samba/sbin/smbd
/opt/samba/sbin/nmbd

/var/run/smb.conf is there.

Also, what part of this NAS executes scripts on startup? I would really like to resolve these issues by simply having the NAS execute my own scripts upon boot in order to properly configure NAS and CIFS beyond what the GUI can do. Afterall, it is a small Linux implementation (busybox).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SMB/CIFS broken 0 742 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: