Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expanding RAID 1 from 500GB to 1TB HDD in NAS N0503.
I am new in this forum. I have search the forum and found nothing relating to Expanding RAID 1 HDD.

NAS N0503:-
Firmware: 3.02.01

I would like to upgrade the existing 2 x 500GB HDD (RAID 1) to 2 x 1TB HDD (RAID 1). What is the procedure to upgrade? Please advise me if I missed out something.

1. **NAS ON or NAS OFF**. Pull out 1 of the 500GB HDD and replace 1TB HDD into the NAS. Let the RAID rebuild. After RAID rebuild completely, pull out another 500GB HDD and replace another 1TB HDD into the slot and let system RAID rebuild.

2. Log on into the Management Page and select the size / space of the extra capacity.

Please advise if any error / incorrect procedure.

Thank you.

Regards,
Fung Sai Hou
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.
I am new in this forum. I have search the forum and found nothing relating to Expanding RAID 1 HDD.

I would like to upgrade the existing 2 x 500GB HDD (RAID 1) to 2 x 1TB HDD (RAID 1). What is the procedure to upgrade? Please advise me if I missed out something.

1. **NAS ON or NAS OFF**. Pull out 1 of the 500GB HDD and replace 1TB HDD into the NAS. Let the RAID rebuild. After RAID rebuild completely, pull out another 500GB HDD and replace another 1TB HDD into the slot and let system RAID rebuild.

2. Log on into the Management Page and select the size / space of the extra capacity.

Thank you.

Regards,
Fung Sai Hou
I thought Thecus forum can help / advise me, that is why I register an account which I would like to get answer from you guys here, unfortunately, I didn't get any fro here. Thank you anyway.
I thought Thecus forum can help / advise me, that is why I register an account which I would like to get answer from you guys here, unfortunately, I didn't get any fro here. Thank you anyway.
fungsaihou Wrote:I am new in this forum. I have search the forum and found nothing relating to Expanding RAID 1 HDD.

Thank you.

Regards,
Fung Sai Hou

Hi Fung,

your procedure is mostly correct. There may be the Need to flag the replaced (larger) HDD as Spare to force the reboot.

Cheers,
Christian
fungsaihou Wrote:I am new in this forum. I have search the forum and found nothing relating to Expanding RAID 1 HDD.

Thank you.

Regards,
Fung Sai Hou

Hi Fung,

your procedure is mostly correct. There may be the Need to flag the replaced (larger) HDD as Spare to force the reboot.

Cheers,
Christian
GE-BD Wrote:

Thank you.

Regards,
Fung Sai Hou

Hi Fung,

Cheers,
Christian

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply.

Do I need to turn off the NAS or just let the NAS ON and pull out directly 1 of the 500GB HDD and let the HDD RAID1 rebuild itself? How do I know the rebuild image is completed? As I am new in the RAID1 systems. Not dare to try on it.

Regards,
Fung
GE-BD Wrote:

Thank you.

Regards,
Fung Sai Hou

Hi Fung,

Cheers,
Christian

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply.

Do I need to turn off the NAS or just let the NAS ON and pull out directly 1 of the 500GB HDD and let the HDD RAID1 rebuild itself? How do I know the rebuild image is completed? As I am new in the RAID1 systems. Not dare to try on it.

Regards,
Fung
fungsaihou Wrote:
GE-BD Wrote:

Thank you.

Regards,
Fung Sai Hou

Hi Fung,

Cheers,
Christian

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
Fung

Hi Fung,

better to shut down, replace and boot then.
System should/may beep because of the degraded RAID, but should stop after a while.

Cheers, Christian
fungsaihou Wrote:
GE-BD Wrote:

Thank you.

Regards,
Fung Sai Hou

Hi Fung,

Cheers,
Christian

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
Fung

Hi Fung,

better to shut down, replace and boot then.
System should/may beep because of the degraded RAID, but should stop after a while.

Cheers, Christian
Hi Christian,

Thanks for the info. I finally found the way of rebuild degraded RAID via http://esupport.thecus.com/support/index...ticleid=28, I am now rebuild the 2nd HDD. Hope it will finished it as soon as possible and hopefully there is no any error after the rebuild is completed.

Thanks.
Hi Christian,

Thanks for the info. I finally found the way of rebuild degraded RAID via http://esupport.thecus.com/support/index...ticleid=28, I am now rebuild the 2nd HDD. Hope it will finished it as soon as possible and hopefully there is no any error after the rebuild is completed.

Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  N0503 RAID-5 had been degrade?! wowhsieh 4 2,515 02-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Last Post: skseah
  Expanding RAID 1 from 500GB to 1TB HDD in NAS N0503. 0 1,862 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: