Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DLNA module for 1u4500
Hi,

is there any module for running DLNA on 1u4500 with latest FW (v2.00.18.4)? I tried tvmobili, universalmediaserver and serviio but all failed when I tried to install the module (but all of them are listed in module list). Although they show "running" in web interface there is no DLNA service on the network. I'm also not able to uninstall them (click on uninstall, but nothing happens and modules still in module list) - they can be stopped only.

Thank you!
Hi,

is there any module for running DLNA on 1u4500 with latest FW (v2.00.18.4)? I tried tvmobili, universalmediaserver and serviio but all failed when I tried to install the module (but all of them are listed in module list). Although they show "running" in web interface there is no DLNA service on the network. I'm also not able to uninstall them (click on uninstall, but nothing happens and modules still in module list) - they can be stopped only.

Thank you!
Hi Rishare,

AFAIK the 1U4500 FW 2.00.18.4 is a very old firmware build; which means hard to get the compatible DLNA module. Sad

Regards,
John, Feb 10 '14
Hi Rishare,

AFAIK the 1U4500 FW 2.00.18.4 is a very old firmware build; which means hard to get the compatible DLNA module. Sad

Regards,
John, Feb 10 '14
Hi,

so is there any new FW for 1u4500? Or I simply must buy new Thecus just to play movies in my "smart" TV? That would be sad....
Did you try Twonky unofficial ?
Stéphane Guérithault

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates

PayPal Donation: https://www.paypal.me/qoolbox

My apps

##########################################################################

rolling now for competitor, i do not support anymore Thecus apllications due to lack of time

voyance - Sophrologue Hypnothérapeute Essonne 
Hi,

how to install the Twonky? When I download it from Thecus pages it has ".app" extension and my Thecus is not accepting it as module.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.thecus.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5828&hilit=twonky">viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5828&hilit=twonky</a><!-- l -->

Wink
Stéphane Guérithault

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates

PayPal Donation: https://www.paypal.me/qoolbox

My apps

rolling now for competitor, i do not support anymore Thecus apllications due to lack of time

voyance - Sophrologue Hypnothérapeute Essonne 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Module: Serviio DLNA Server MGLota 1 992 05-28-2018, 04:28 PM
Last Post: MGLota
  DLNA module for 1u4500 0 1,385 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: