Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restore iSCSI backup
Hello,

today I have another interesting question. I am backing up with built in Data Guard an iSCSI Partition. In case my NAS is completely destroyed by fire or robbed, HOW can I restore the iSCSI partion from my Data Guard backup? I am asking because on a new configured NAS there won't be the restore functionality because the Task is missing. Any ideas?

Frank
Hello,

today I have another interesting question. I am backing up with built in Data Guard an iSCSI Partition. In case my NAS is completely destroyed by fire or robbed, HOW can I restore the iSCSI partion from my Data Guard backup? I am asking because on a new configured NAS there won't be the restore functionality because the Task is missing. Any ideas?

Frank
Hi Frank,

I though Thecus support staff can help, if you need to restore the backup file to another NEW NAS.

Best,
John, Dec 2 '13
Hi Frank,

I though Thecus support staff can help, if you need to restore the backup file to another NEW NAS.

Best,
John, Dec 2 '13
Hello John,

thanks for your reply. Is there any chance to get a step by step guide from the support? I am asking because I want to test it by myself. If one of our customers has such a Scenario I won't be dependent on supports response time and I want to see myself if backing up an iscsi Partition is a good idea without problems regarding the restore.

Thanks in advance

Frank
Hello John,

thanks for your reply. Is there any chance to get a step by step guide from the support? I am asking because I want to test it by myself. If one of our customers has such a Scenario I won't be dependent on supports response time and I want to see myself if backing up an iscsi Partition is a good idea without problems regarding the restore.

Thanks in advance

Frank

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Restore iSCSI backup 0 525 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: