Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with web interface and smb
hello

I have a N2200EVO device as a backup device on my home network.
Recently I can't have access to the web interface.When I type "https://<ip address>" on any browser I have to wait about 10 min until I get the following screen (only) and I cannot do anything else:
[Image: qb6k.gif]

Except of that, I didn't had any other problem though (except from the fact that I could not manage the device.I have ssh access though so that it is not a big problem for me) until yesterday that suddenly I could not access any of shares on thecus.
Tried to ssh on the device and what I found was that MD array was clean (ok), lvm was ok but for some reason /dev/vg0/lv0 could not be mounted on /raid0!
Tried rebooting the device with no luck. Tried xfs_repair but after giving the command I could not get any result, it just hang there.
So finally I took out both disks (2) and put them on a pc with ubuntu linux,reassembled the array,lvm and run xfs_repair from there and backed up my data on another destination.
After that I put the disks back,zero out the xfs partition (I kept md and lvm as it was) and did mkfs.xfs and now the device can mount on /raid0.
The problems I have now are:

1. I cannot access web if correctly so that I can setup again the samba shares,users etc (I can see only the screen that I posted above).
2. Tried to setup smb.conf from ssh but I'm stuck at point where it says "cannot find /raid0/sys/smbd.db".

Any help please? is there a way to reset the device at factory defaults remotelly through ssh?

thank you
hello

I have a N2200EVO device as a backup device on my home network.
Recently I can't have access to the web interface.When I type "https://<ip address>" on any browser I have to wait about 10 min until I get the following screen (only) and I cannot do anything else:
[Image: qb6k.gif]

Except of that, I didn't had any other problem though (except from the fact that I could not manage the device.I have ssh access though so that it is not a big problem for me) until yesterday that suddenly I could not access any of shares on thecus.
Tried to ssh on the device and what I found was that MD array was clean (ok), lvm was ok but for some reason /dev/vg0/lv0 could not be mounted on /raid0!
Tried rebooting the device with no luck. Tried xfs_repair but after giving the command I could not get any result, it just hang there.
So finally I took out both disks (2) and put them on a pc with ubuntu linux,reassembled the array,lvm and run xfs_repair from there and backed up my data on another destination.
After that I put the disks back,zero out the xfs partition (I kept md and lvm as it was) and did mkfs.xfs and now the device can mount on /raid0.
The problems I have now are:

1. I cannot access web if correctly so that I can setup again the samba shares,users etc (I can see only the screen that I posted above).
2. Tried to setup smb.conf from ssh but I'm stuck at point where it says "cannot find /raid0/sys/smbd.db".

Any help please? is there a way to reset the device at factory defaults remotelly through ssh?

thank you
Hi acidrop,

The firmware of N2200EVO is installed in one of the RAID partition. I am not sure if the firmware was affected while zero-ing the xfs partition?
Since you have been backed up the NAS data out. I will recommend the following step.

1) erase any partition(s) on the HDDs; let them _empty_
2) run Setup Wizard to initiate the RAID again. http://www.thecus.com/sp_download_page.p...PROD_ID=67

Once above steps done, the RAID should be re-created, and firmware installed from scratch. Hopefully the admin management interface will be working.

Thanks,
John, Sep 2 '13
Hi acidrop,

The firmware of N2200EVO is installed in one of the RAID partition. I am not sure if the firmware was affected while zero-ing the xfs partition?
Since you have been backed up the NAS data out. I will recommend the following step.

1) erase any partition(s) on the HDDs; let them _empty_
2) run Setup Wizard to initiate the RAID again. http://www.thecus.com/sp_download_page.p...PROD_ID=67

Once above steps done, the RAID should be re-created, and firmware installed from scratch. Hopefully the admin management interface will be working.

Thanks,
John, Sep 2 '13
Can this be done from Thecus NAS or I should place them to a pc?
Can this be done from Thecus NAS or I should place them to a pc?
Hi acidrop,

The simple way is installing the HDD to a PC. :-)

Thanks,
John, Sep 4 '13
Hi acidrop,

The simple way is installing the HDD to a PC. :-)

Thanks,
John, Sep 4 '13

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem with web interface and smb 0 1,485 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: