Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thecuslink.com seems to be down or Offline / No DDNS service
Hello,

for Web access to my N4520 I registered my 'intelligent NAS' N4520 to the DDNS service provided by Thecus via the <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://">http://</a><!-- m --><yourname>. thecuslink.com service.
This did work surprisingly fine for 3 weeks, but did stop to work since Monday this week.

So I would wonder, whether there is an issue thecuslink.com server or whether there is anything wrong with my NAS.

Would Thecus inform the users of the 'Thecuslink.com DDNS service' about downtime issues with it?
How could I check, what is the root cause of the non working web access.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards

bluebaer33
The nameserver for the domain thecuslink.com seems to be down. yes, there still is only one name server - both, ns1 and ns2 point to the same address (114.32.20.212).

I already addressed this and other DNS issues to Thecus, but obviously they did not change it ...

/Falk
Further information und module downloads at FaJo.de

I decided to finally stop module development and maintenance. Existing modules are still available for download for now.
Dear thecus community,

Although, the DDNS server seems to be up again - as it is reacting to <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thecuslink.com">http://www.thecuslink.com</a><!-- m --> with the usual login prompt --- , my NAS is not reachabel over the WEB, even not after I did reboot it.

So must I re-register my NAS for the DDNS? or will the functionality come back at some later point in time, when the nameserver is restored to full extent?

To share some information with th users of the DDNS server would still be a brilliant idea in my point of view. :!:

Thanks for the efforts
Hello,

after the pending updates to the intelligent NAS Agent and the Firmware, the DDNS via <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://">http://</a><!-- m --><your_Nas_Name>.thecuslink.com has been working again from Home yesterday evening.
But now from here in the office, the NAS is again not reachable via the thecuslink.com facility.
Sorry to tell. :?

The intelligent NAS software on my computer is still unable to connect to my NAS, allthough I can approach it via the IP Address shown in the intelligent NAS Application. Sad

So the OS6_build_189 did not really help the issue. :?:
I hope there is more to come, with improved functionality and robustness.

So far thanks for the efforts.

Best Regards

bluebaer33
The domain thecuslink.com now is served by name servers operated by Domaincontrol.com (I guess they pick up the zones from on server at Thecus). Nevertheless, this improves the service as a downtime of the Thecus server will only disallow new domains from being registered and will allow existing registrations to remain functioning.

Your offices/providers name servers may not have the new information ... just try again tomorrow Wink

/Falk

I decided to finally stop module development and maintenance. Existing modules are still available for download for now.
Hello Falk,

would you happen to know, how I could trigger a re-sync with the nameserver? Our NAS did run up today morning 7:30 for the usual office hours. but it is not visible via the Thecus nameserver DDNSS service. Which may need a re-sync.

would it be sufficient to break up the internet connection to our internet provider thus getting a new WAN IP Address for our router? Or do I need to reboot the NAS once more?
Is there any resync routine hidden in the admin control panel?

Thanks a lot for the help.
Best Regards

bluebaer33
Hello,

short status on the DDNS service. It is not working with my NAS in any manner. The 'Intelligent NAS' application tells me all time, that it cannot connect to the NAs ( which it is showing with the correct local IP address and the hostname).
To some extent I am already regretting, that I did purchase a Thecus NAS. This service did work for 3 weeks after I setup my NAS surprisingly well and was easy to use. But then it ceased to work, without any notice or any help provided by Thecus. Allthough they stressed exactly this feature in their Product feature description to be a significant advantage over other NAS systems. (Which turns into a real disadvantage, when it all of a sudden stops to work)

But the 'after purchase' experience is -kind of- disappoining.

Best Regards

bluebaer33
Hi bluebaer33,

Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you! There was something wrong with the DDNS service for these days. We just did some management and it should be working now.

Regards,
John, Aug 9 '13
Hello John,

sorry to tell, but from my point of view, nothing has changed from yesterday! . When I type in the address <yourname>.thecuslink.com I still get the message

The host name resolution (DNS lookup) for this host name ( <yourname>.thecuslink.com ) has failed. The Internet address may be misspelled or obsolete, the host ( <yourname>.thecuslink.com ) may be temporarily unavailable, or the DNS server may be unresponsive.

Please check the spelling of the Internet address entered. If it is correct, try this request later.

If you have questions, or if this condition persists, please contact your corporate network administrator and provide the codes shown below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notification codes: (1, DNS_FAIL, <yourname>.thecuslink.com)

( I removed the actual name of my NAS).

So what did I do wrong?

Thanks for your efforts.

Best Regards

bluebaer33
Hello,

just to report out. The Thecuslink DDNS service ( server) is back to operation since last weekend. Without any furhter action from my side it resumed to work during last Saturday, as it was working OK on Sunday Morning ( GMT+2 = MESZ).

There is still the wish from my side, that Thecus would be communicating to the users of the service, when the server is gone and they are working to restore it ( if they do). this kind of communication could be done by automatic e-mail, as we all logged in tot he service with a valid e-mail address. this wouldn't be a piece of rocket sience?

This could be a valid step to achieve some customer faith into the thecus' capabilities to deliver the promises made in their product descriptions.

Thanks for the efforts
kind Regards
bluebaer33
Hello,

just to report out. The Thecuslink DDNS service ( server) is back to operation since last weekend. Without any furhter action from my side it resumed to work during last Saturday, as it was working OK on Sunday Morning ( GMT+2 = MESZ).

There is still the wish from my side, that Thecus would be communicating to the users of the service, when the server is gone and they are working to restore it ( if they do). this kind of communication could be done by automatic e-mail, as we all logged in tot he service with a valid e-mail address. this wouldn't be a piece of rocket sience?

This could be a valid step to achieve some customer faith into the thecus' capabilities to deliver the promises made in their product descriptions.

Thanks for the efforts
kind Regards
bluebaer33
Hi bluebaer33,

Thanks for sharing this info. We are checking the thecuslink server now.

Regards,
John, Aug 12 '13
Hi bluebaer33,

Thanks for sharing this info. We are checking the thecuslink server now.

Regards,
John, Aug 12 '13
Hello,

today, the ???.thecuslink.com service is out of service again. Not even a out of service note is coming up, when trying to reach the server. Cry

Just another not very reliable thecus system? :?:

Any Info available, when it will come up again?

Best Regards

bluebaer33
bluebaer33 Wrote:Hello,

today, the ???.thecuslink.com service is out of service again. Not even a out of service note is coming up, when trying to reach the server. Cry

Just another not very reliable thecus system? :?:

Any Info available, when it will come up again?

Best Regards

bluebaer33

What server do you try to reach in what way ? thecuslink.com mainly is a name service (no longer hosted by Domaincontrol but moved back to a SINGLE (!!!) name server hosted at Thecus ..... do they never listen ??). I am able to resolve host names within thecuslink.com using the name server ns1.thecuslink.com without issues.

/Falk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thecuslink.com seems to be down or Offline / No DDNS service 0 9,974 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: