Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[HOWTO] access samba share from windows seven
this is the official topic for windows seven: HOWTO access samba shares from the Thecus ?
it keeps asking for a login:password despite the shares are PUBLIC !!

thanks
scavenger
N5550 V2.05.08.20150416.cdv + 4G patch
2*4GB Corsair CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9 = 8GB RAM
5 x 2To Hitashi HDS72202 (RAID5) @ write=72MB/s - read=91MB/s (802.3ad dual cable)
this is the official topic for windows seven: HOWTO access samba shares from the Thecus ?
it keeps asking for a login:password despite the shares are PUBLIC !!

thanks
scavenger
5 x 2To Hitashi HDS72202 (RAID5) @ write=72MB/s - read=91MB/s (802.3ad dual cable)
SOLUTION :
after having updated FW to latest version and restarted 2 times, then waited a whole night, Windows Seven is able to connect to public shares.

the issue standed on the NAS samba configuration as i thought.
scavenger
SOLUTION :
after having updated FW to latest version and restarted 2 times, then waited a whole night, Windows Seven is able to connect to public shares.

the issue standed on the NAS samba configuration as i thought.
scavenger
I am using Windows 7 and samba share together and really want to know how to access samba share in my system as I am facing some difficulties. I am also getting a log in issue when I try to access the samba share. Can someone help us here?

I am using Windows 7 and samba share together and really want to know how to access samba share in my system as I am facing some difficulties. I am also getting a log in issue when I try to access the samba share. Can someone help us here?

BlueLotus Wrote:I am using Windows 7 and samba share together and really want to know how to access samba share in my system as I am facing some difficulties. I am also getting a log in issue when I try to access the samba share. Can someone help us here?

what is your nas and firmware.

if all is well setup, there is no issue with Samba.

if you experience some difficulties try : IP_of_NAS\Username in the login section
Stéphane Guérithault

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates

PayPal Donation: https://www.paypal.me/qoolbox

My apps

##########################################################################

rolling now for competitor, i do not support anymore Thecus apllications due to lack of time

voyance - Sophrologue Hypnothérapeute Essonne 
BlueLotus Wrote:I am using Windows 7 and samba share together and really want to know how to access samba share in my system as I am facing some difficulties. I am also getting a log in issue when I try to access the samba share. Can someone help us here?

what is your nas and firmware.

if all is well setup, there is no issue with Samba.

if you experience some difficulties try : IP_of_NAS\Username in the login section
Stéphane Guérithault

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates

PayPal Donation: https://www.paypal.me/qoolbox

My apps

rolling now for competitor, i do not support anymore Thecus apllications due to lack of time

voyance - Sophrologue Hypnothérapeute Essonne 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [HOWTO] Windows access NAS directory right from samba share scavenger 3 10,989 07-07-2016, 10:58 PM
Last Post: astromo