Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use USB Drives in RAID
It would be great to use the USB drives in a RAID build. The descriptions of the devices (I have an N4100PRO) led me to believe this was possible, but it is not apparently. This would be a great feature so that things like spares could be added without eating up precious internal space.
No ! USB use too much CPU ! And USB was not made for that !
No ! USB use too much CPU ! And USB was not made for that !
What about E-SATA? Didn't test that, but should work allready for that functionality isn't it?
Worked with:
N5200, 5200pro, N2100, N299, N2200
Own now:
unit: N4200 (fw 5.01.05)
modules: SSH/Sysuser, Webdisk(broken!), IPCAM, USB-copy, USB_ESATA backup, DLM2
disks: Samsung HD501LJ (2), WD WD1503FYYS (2)
raid: 0 + 0
filesystem: EXT4
What about E-SATA? Didn't test that, but should work allready for that functionality isn't it?
Worked with:
N5200, 5200pro, N2100, N299, N2200
Own now:
unit: N4200 (fw 5.01.05)
modules: SSH/Sysuser, Webdisk(broken!), IPCAM, USB-copy, USB_ESATA backup, DLM2
disks: Samsung HD501LJ (2), WD WD1503FYYS (2)
raid: 0 + 0
filesystem: EXT4
rookie Wrote:What about E-SATA? Didn't test that, but should work allready for that functionality isn't it?
It Should.. but they won't !
Doing that will make them selling more N7700 and less N8800, and N8800 are (by far) more expensive.
rookie Wrote:What about E-SATA? Didn't test that, but should work allready for that functionality isn't it?
It Should.. but they won't !
Doing that will make them selling more N7700 and less N8800, and N8800 are (by far) more expensive.
To facilitate it, of course, it would be nice to be able to upgrade the devices such as the 7700 to have multiple network adaptors: say a four port NIC that you can aggregate.
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest Testking practice gre test and high quality gmat and We provide updated Testking security+ exam questions with 100% pass guarantee along with bgsp questions.
drives in a RAID build. The descriptions of the devices (I have an N4100PRO) led me to believe this was possible, but it is not apparently. This would be a great feature so that things like spares could be added without eating up precious internal space.
drives in a RAID build. The descriptions of the devices (I have an N4100PRO) led me to believe this was possible, but it is not apparently. This would be a great feature so that things like spares could be added without eating up precious internal space.