Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modifying the firmware images
OK so not quite a tutorial yet ... but hopefully soon!

I'm just picking through the firmware upgrade file (for my N4200Pro ... "XXXseries_1U4600_N0503_N4200series_N5500_N7700series_N8800series_FW_5.03.01.bin") and I can see the kernel images that are to be put onto partition 2 of the DOM and lots of other interesting stuff, I also see with the kernel is a "bz5200v1.sum" file ... does anyone know what app is used to create that file ? I'm assuming it is a checksum and that the upgrade script will fail if I drop in a kernel of my own crafting in place of the original file.
N4200Pro with 4 * 2TB WD20EARS drives, upgraded to 4GB RAM.
any news about this?
any news about this?
Abolutely none! I gave up! :-(
Abolutely none! I gave up! :-(
Im trying to recompile the kernel (which isnt the hardest part) and transfer it to my thecus n5550.
Thecus doesnt want to enable my usb 2 serial device, just a matter of setting a flag in the menuconfig
Im trying to recompile the kernel (which isnt the hardest part) and transfer it to my thecus n5550.
Thecus doesnt want to enable my usb 2 serial device, just a matter of setting a flag in the menuconfig
HEllo,

I am going to try and do the same thing, so I want to help if you are still interested. Let me know and I will PM you my contact info.

David
HEllo,

I am going to try and do the same thing, so I want to help if you are still interested. Let me know and I will PM you my contact info.

David