Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having problems copying large files
I'm having problems copying large files to my thecus. It used to work just fine, and I'm not sure when it started. It might have been after I did the initial upgrade to 5, but I'm not sure. I have been using 5.02 for a bit now. I just upgraded to the 5.03 beta but I'm still having the same problem.

Basically what happens is that when I drag and drop a large file (don't know the size it craps out at yet) from any computer, it will hang for a while, and then I will get an error message saying that its no longer reachable. I have to delete the file from my nas because it looks like its there even though it isn't.

I can read all of my old files just fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this, or what the problem might be?
I'm having problems copying large files to my thecus. It used to work just fine, and I'm not sure when it started. It might have been after I did the initial upgrade to 5, but I'm not sure. I have been using 5.02 for a bit now. I just upgraded to the 5.03 beta but I'm still having the same problem.

Basically what happens is that when I drag and drop a large file (don't know the size it craps out at yet) from any computer, it will hang for a while, and then I will get an error message saying that its no longer reachable. I have to delete the file from my nas because it looks like its there even though it isn't.

I can read all of my old files just fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this, or what the problem might be?
I have the same problem (n4100pro, v5.02.01). Issue exists when copying large fils from different PCs running Win7 or Win-XP. It used to work fine in the past with firmware 3.x, yet I haven't copied large files recently and so I can't confirm this to be the issue

CU,
Artur
I have the same problem (n4100pro, v5.02.01). Issue exists when copying large fils from different PCs running Win7 or Win-XP. It used to work fine in the past with firmware 3.x, yet I haven't copied large files recently and so I can't confirm this to be the issue

CU,
Artur
Make sure you have "Unix Extensions" enabled under SMB/CIFS I believe.
Make sure you have "Unix Extensions" enabled under SMB/CIFS I believe.
I'm having the same problem. 4100Pro, FW 5.0300.7

Here is what I have gathered so far:
I can copy a "new" 4 gig ISO to the 4100Pro share.
If I move it off of the Thecus to my Win7 pc, I cannot copy it back. If I recreate the ISO, it still won't move or copy to the Thecus.
I also cannot pinpoint exactly when it started, but I worked before I upgraded to FW 5.02.01
I'm having the same problem. 4100Pro, FW 5.0300.7

Here is what I have gathered so far:
I can copy a "new" 4 gig ISO to the 4100Pro share.
If I move it off of the Thecus to my Win7 pc, I cannot copy it back. If I recreate the ISO, it still won't move or copy to the Thecus.
I also cannot pinpoint exactly when it started, but I worked before I upgraded to FW 5.02.01
I had the same issue with FW 5.02.01. Make sure you have "Unix extensions" enabled under SMB/CIFS.

[Image: SMBCIFS.jpg]
I had the same issue with FW 5.02.01. Make sure you have "Unix extensions" enabled under SMB/CIFS.

[Image: SMBCIFS.jpg]
Thanks for the suggestion spoocannon. Unfortunately my settings were already configured that way.

A bit more info:
After I installed 5.02.01 I also lost the ability to add/modify rights on folders. Thecus sent me 5.03.00.7 beta to correct the permissions error. My guess is the 5.02.01 version affected more than just security.

The issue is - now what? I'm tempted to wipe the entire thing and start over. My fear is I take the time to more 2.5 TB of data (somewhere), wipe and rebuild, and still have the same issue after a couple of days work.

Kevin - Is there a forth coming update to address mine and the others having this issue?
Thanks for the suggestion spoocannon. Unfortunately my settings were already configured that way.

A bit more info:
After I installed 5.02.01 I also lost the ability to add/modify rights on folders. Thecus sent me 5.03.00.7 beta to correct the permissions error. My guess is the 5.02.01 version affected more than just security.

The issue is - now what? I'm tempted to wipe the entire thing and start over. My fear is I take the time to more 2.5 TB of data (somewhere), wipe and rebuild, and still have the same issue after a couple of days work.

Kevin - Is there a forth coming update to address mine and the others having this issue?
Oops - that would be "move 2.5 TB" not "more 2.5 TB"
Oops - that would be "move 2.5 TB" not "more 2.5 TB"
Same issue for me, "Unix extensions" already have been enabled, yet (as already stated above) copying large files does not work.