Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N4100EVO: Error "you don't have any RAID system"...
Had the same problem. May have cincided with the battery being empty because the clock also was losing time. Upgraded to the latest and it worked again (N2200EVO_N4100EVO_FW_1.05.00.22.rom).
Happens to me as well, twice already, both from copying files. The first time, it was fixed remotely after raising the ticket. The second time, still waiting for it to be fixed after 2.5 weeks from opening the ticket due to SSH doesn't seem to be working (can't connect to port 22). I am already prepared to lose my data (I managed to find bits and pieces across multiple systems, so the loss is not that bad), but certainly not convenient at all. I've already purchased a replacement QNAP TS-469L and it is a way more superior product than Thecus. Should have just spent that little bit extra for quality and reliability.
Did you ever get an answer as to what caused the problem and how to repair it? It has happened to me twice. The last time was last night. I started running a backup on my system. After the backup had been running for a couple of minutes, the backup failed. When I tried to restart the backup, a message window appeared stating that the server was not found. I then fired up my browser and navigated to the ip address. I checked the status of the "Raid" and it stated that it was healthy. I went to look at the NAS system and the display window stated there was NO raid. Since I could not get a response last time this happened, I deleted the raid and started the creation of the raid again. The recreation has been running for over 12 hours and is almost complete. I would like to be able to trust that it won't happen again, but since I don't know what caused the problem in the first place.

Javier
Did you ever get an answer as to what caused the problem and how to repair it? It has happened to me twice. The last time was last night. I started running a backup on my system. After the backup had been running for a couple of minutes, the backup failed. When I tried to restart the backup, a message window appeared stating that the server was not found. I then fired up my browser and navigated to the ip address. I checked the status of the "Raid" and it stated that it was healthy. I went to look at the NAS system and the display window stated there was NO raid. Since I could not get a response last time this happened, I deleted the raid and started the creation of the raid again. The recreation has been running for over 12 hours and is almost complete. I would like to be able to trust that it won't happen again, but since I don't know what caused the problem in the first place.

Javier
Our Client has this same error; they are on the 1.4 firmware. I've tried the new 1.5 and the 1.5 BETA. When we start it, it does it's updating thing.. then it sits there at about 99% (white line is left at the end just a bit very hard to even see).

I've tried to wait and watched it for at least 4 hours; I've left it over night however my session always seems to get removed.. so I have not been able to let it sit past 4-5 hours.

How long should it take? there's data on the system that the client doesn't want to loose...

Can we remove the drives and try the update? is it trying to modify the array during this time, is that why its taking 5+ hours?

Is there any other options, please let me know, I've tried to register on the support site, but I never get an activation email. I can't login, when I try forgot pass link it sends me the information but doesn't work as I've never activated I believe.. as it never sends the activation email.

the main issues in "you don't have a RAID system" and the shares are not accessible, again I am unable to complete a firmware update, it never even fails just sits there.....
please advise.
thanks!
Our Client has this same error; they are on the 1.4 firmware. I've tried the new 1.5 and the 1.5 BETA. When we start it, it does it's updating thing.. then it sits there at about 99% (white line is left at the end just a bit very hard to even see).

I've tried to wait and watched it for at least 4 hours; I've left it over night however my session always seems to get removed.. so I have not been able to let it sit past 4-5 hours.

How long should it take? there's data on the system that the client doesn't want to loose...

Can we remove the drives and try the update? is it trying to modify the array during this time, is that why its taking 5+ hours?

Is there any other options, please let me know, I've tried to register on the support site, but I never get an activation email. I can't login, when I try forgot pass link it sends me the information but doesn't work as I've never activated I believe.. as it never sends the activation email.

the main issues in "you don't have a RAID system" and the shares are not accessible, again I am unable to complete a firmware update, it never even fails just sits there.....
please advise.
thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error "you don't have any RAID system" tegger 2 1,688 03-23-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: John Tsai
  Bug/Error report for N4100EVO bananana 8 3,501 08-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: John Tsai