Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N4100EVO: Error "you don't have any RAID system"...
Hi,

Sinds a few days I cannot access my N4100EVO any more...
The disk are setup in RAID5, but if I want to do something I receive the error "you don't have RAID system".

The nas is accessable by browser, did allready a recovery of the raid5 but no succes....
I cannot see my maps en cannot access the NAS bij FTP or network maps....

Can you help me with this problem?

Thanks in advanced,

Eddy
Hi ,

Due to we need your configuration file for analysis, please kindly open a ticket on our e-support site, and our team will help you there continuously.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thecus.com/sp_tech.php">http://www.thecus.com/sp_tech.php</a><!-- m -->
Thecus - Kevin Dang
I'm getting the same error (you don't have any raid system) It was working find and out of the blue stop working...
I'm using Seagate 2T HDD model ST2000DM001-9YN1 Firmware CC4C configure it as Raid 5.. I already launch a ticket this morning I just need to wait and see..
Iam having the same problem now. Did you guys have any luck to recover the data? Iam afraid iam gonna loose all the data
Think you would need to raise a ticket and submit the conf.bin file to the Support Team to have them a look into the RAID details.
I've already submitted a ticket with conf.bin, just wondering if I have any chance to recover my data. I think the raid 5 partition is damage and can not be mounted, xfs-repair could do the job, but the problem is N4100EVO does not have built-in ssh while you can not install ssh module if there is no raid found. Without ssh access to the box, I guess nothing could be done, hopefully, they have a custom firmware with built-in ssh
Had the same problem... Detail follows.
I was copying a bunch of files from a pc to the n4100evo. Part way through copy, windows says it has lost connection to shares. Tried from my laptop and iPad with same results, ie cannot access folder shares. Then I tried to admin console and same deal, no access. My iscsi was still working, though. Dumped all files from iscsi for safety. Contacted the thecus support and put in ticket. They recommended take HDDs out. Did that and now I have access to admin console. Reinserted HDDs and started it but now beeps continuously for 20mins. Switched off. Repeated this process several times and same result, ie HDDs out, NAS works, put HDDs in and continuous beeps and no access. Grabbed each HDD in another pc with ext hdd bays, and deleted partitions. Reinserted HDDs into NAS, and recreated raid5 from scratch and restored data. This has now happened twice now I bought it on 2/6/12 and no refund offered from seller nor manufacturer. Seller declined refund as "I have used it".
Had the same problem... Detail follows.
I was copying a bunch of files from a pc to the n4100evo. Part way through copy, windows says it has lost connection to shares. Tried from my laptop and iPad with same results, ie cannot access folder shares. Then I tried to admin console and same deal, no access. My iscsi was still working, though. Dumped all files from iscsi for safety. Contacted the thecus support and put in ticket. They recommended take HDDs out. Did that and now I have access to admin console. Reinserted HDDs and started it but now beeps continuously for 20mins. Switched off. Repeated this process several times and same result, ie HDDs out, NAS works, put HDDs in and continuous beeps and no access. Grabbed each HDD in another pc with ext hdd bays, and deleted partitions. Reinserted HDDs into NAS, and recreated raid5 from scratch and restored data. This has now happened twice now I bought it on 2/6/12 and no refund offered from seller nor manufacturer. Seller declined refund as "I have used it".
Thecus fix the problem for me by upgrading to the new firmware and all my files where intact...Thank Thecus great support.
Thecus fix the problem for me by upgrading to the new firmware and all my files where intact...Thank Thecus great support.
I also happen maybe same problem.
How to salvage my data.....
I also happen maybe same problem.
How to salvage my data.....
I just got the same problem with my N2200EVO.
This happened to me when deleting 500Gb of data.

Just got this NAS a few weeks.
I just got the same problem with my N2200EVO.
This happened to me when deleting 500Gb of data.

Just got this NAS a few weeks.
I'm on a N2200EVO and had this exact same issue where out of the blue, I was getting this message. Anyway, I updated from 1.04.00.47 to 1.05.0 and the problem disappeared. Thanks Thecus for fixing the problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error "you don't have any RAID system" tegger 2 1,906 03-23-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: John Tsai
  Bug/Error report for N4100EVO bananana 8 3,905 08-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: John Tsai