Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware v5.02.02 BROKEN
Hi all, been away for a few months and upon returning i noticed there was a new firmware.

After installing 5.02.02 a few days ago everything is working perfectly until this morning i went to edit ACL permissions in the shared folder option in the webui.
The problem being that the "shared Folder" option no longer loads after selecting, it loads the window and states its loading but nothing further happens
It doesnt lock up the unit as i can jump to any other option within the webui just fine.

Im hoping sombody has information regarding the issue as i cannot edit or add new permissions or create new shared folders within the webui otherwise Sad

All existing permissions and folders are intact and usable via samba and ftp.

Thankyou in advance

UPDATE.......... after more research i came across a large 6 page post on this issue in the 4100pro section, there is no fix at this time, dont update to this firmware version Cry

1 user is reporting it works with the ipad default browser but im unable to test this, however it does not work in chrome, IE, Firefox, DolphinHD, Firefox Android, or android default browser.

PLEASE THECUS, fix this urgently :roll:
Hi all, been away for a few months and upon returning i noticed there was a new firmware.

After installing 5.02.02 a few days ago everything is working perfectly until this morning i went to edit ACL permissions in the shared folder option in the webui.
The problem being that the "shared Folder" option no longer loads after selecting, it loads the window and states its loading but nothing further happens
It doesnt lock up the unit as i can jump to any other option within the webui just fine.

Im hoping sombody has information regarding the issue as i cannot edit or add new permissions or create new shared folders within the webui otherwise Sad

All existing permissions and folders are intact and usable via samba and ftp.

Thankyou in advance

UPDATE.......... after more research i came across a large 6 page post on this issue in the 4100pro section, there is no fix at this time, dont update to this firmware version Cry

1 user is reporting it works with the ipad default browser but im unable to test this, however it does not work in chrome, IE, Firefox, DolphinHD, Firefox Android, or android default browser.

PLEASE THECUS, fix this urgently :roll:
Dear Sir,

Please kindly upgrade your firmware to v5.03.00.7 beta to see if there are any improves, thank you.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://dl.dropbox.com/s/nu8f81mokhr0t3w/N7700upgrade.5.03.00.7.zip?dl=1">https://dl.dropbox.com/s/nu8f81mokhr0t3 ... 7.zip?dl=1</a><!-- m -->
Thecus - Kevin Dang
Dear Sir,

Please kindly upgrade your firmware to v5.03.00.7 beta to see if there are any improves, thank you.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://dl.dropbox.com/s/nu8f81mokhr0t3w/N7700upgrade.5.03.00.7.zip?dl=1">https://dl.dropbox.com/s/nu8f81mokhr0t3 ... 7.zip?dl=1</a><!-- m -->
Thecus - Kevin Dang
i wath the change on this new beta ?
i wath the change on this new beta ?
for one it fixed the stuck webui and share folder options Smile

but you have a point, documented changes, updates and fixes would be helpful Smile
for one it fixed the stuck webui and share folder options Smile

but you have a point, documented changes, updates and fixes would be helpful Smile
Hi

I have been having this same issue, for several months. I had assumed it was an issue with a module I have installed or something else I had done as there was nothing on the forum at the time. Is it possible to get the beta version (as the link no longer works) or is there a release date for the fixed version - It has really crippled my system, although a reformat did help me initially (though I seem to remember I had to be quick logging into the web interface in order to make the changes).

Thank you
Keith
Hi

I have been having this same issue, for several months. I had assumed it was an issue with a module I have installed or something else I had done as there was nothing on the forum at the time. Is it possible to get the beta version (as the link no longer works) or is there a release date for the fixed version - It has really crippled my system, although a reformat did help me initially (though I seem to remember I had to be quick logging into the web interface in order to make the changes).

Thank you
Keith