Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N0503 temperature at 58'C is this high ?
Hi All,

I am running my N0503 24/7 and notice the temperature is at around 58'C and the HDD about 48'C. I would like to know is this ok or can I do something the bring down the temperature ?

Thanks..
Hi All,

I am running my N0503 24/7 and notice the temperature is at around 58'C and the HDD about 48'C. I would like to know is this ok or can I do something the bring down the temperature ?

Thanks..
Same here for more than a year.
That's fine.
Same here for more than a year.
That's fine.
Hello,

I'm really afraid by such high temperature levels ! AFAIK, long term correct figures are 50°C (system) and 40°C (HDDs).

Allthough I don't use my N0503 24/7, I run it for 10 hours or more, and the internal temp comes to about 45°C, HDD temp (3 WD20EADS) being about 36°C at 24°C room temp.
Actually, I replaced the original fan by another one w/ integrated temp sensor, wich is less noisy when the temp is lower. But RPMs being quite the same when "hot", I used to obtain similar figures w/ original fan.

Claude
Hello,

I'm really afraid by such high temperature levels ! AFAIK, long term correct figures are 50°C (system) and 40°C (HDDs).

Allthough I don't use my N0503 24/7, I run it for 10 hours or more, and the internal temp comes to about 45°C, HDD temp (3 WD20EADS) being about 36°C at 24°C room temp.
Actually, I replaced the original fan by another one w/ integrated temp sensor, wich is less noisy when the temp is lower. But RPMs being quite the same when "hot", I used to obtain similar figures w/ original fan.

Claude
celson Wrote:Hi All,

Thanks..

Same here. In Greece summer is very hot!!!
[Image: bender.gif]
celson Wrote:Hi All,

Thanks..

Same here. In Greece summer is very hot!!!
[Image: bender.gif]
at one point i was running WD blacks 1tb x3 and was seeing those temps

recently upgraded to seagate ST2000DL003-9VT1 sata 3 green drives and they are currently running at 36c whilst streaming media for last 2 hours while unit temp is 47c

So a 10 +- celcius temp variation between system temp and hd temps are the norm and nothing to be concerned about.

p.s all temps will reflect ambient room temp, this is subject to your enviroment. Smile
at one point i was running WD blacks 1tb x3 and was seeing those temps

recently upgraded to seagate ST2000DL003-9VT1 sata 3 green drives and they are currently running at 36c whilst streaming media for last 2 hours while unit temp is 47c

So a 10 +- celcius temp variation between system temp and hd temps are the norm and nothing to be concerned about.

p.s all temps will reflect ambient room temp, this is subject to your enviroment. Smile
My gap is even wider: 41c versus 55c.
Disks are samsung HD103SJ.
My gap is even wider: 41c versus 55c.
Disks are samsung HD103SJ.
Sorry forget to mention that my ambient temperature is about 30'C year round (in Singapore). I am running 3 X 2TB Seagate Green ST2000DL003-9VT1.
I am trying to experiment adding a 40mm X 40mm fan for CPU and changing the 92mm Fan with a better and quieter fan. Will update if there is any better...

Thanks..
Sorry forget to mention that my ambient temperature is about 30'C year round (in Singapore). I am running 3 X 2TB Seagate Green ST2000DL003-9VT1.
I am trying to experiment adding a 40mm X 40mm fan for CPU and changing the 92mm Fan with a better and quieter fan. Will update if there is any better...

Thanks..
Hello,

I was a little bit annoyied by the noise of the fan (in a bedroom, it's actually noisy !), that's why I spent some time looking for a quietter one.
I happened to find this direct 92 mm replacement : "Akasa AK-193BKT-C" which includes a thermal sensor. This sensor allows for low RPM and thus lower noise when temp is low, and more efficient cooling but noisy at higher temperatures. In fact, the temp is more or less regulated.
As far as I remember (several months since this mod), this fan comes to quite the same NAS temps and RPM (and acoustical noise too) than the original ("Adda AD0912DX-A76GL") at about 25°C ambiant temp.
At lower ambiant temp, it is less noisy.
At higher ambiant temp, it is more efficient but more noisy too.
I doubt a much better efficiency/noise compromise can be achieved w/out seriously modifying the NAS!

Very pleased if a better solution is found.

Claude