Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web interface error
Hi all,
when using the N7700 web interface, i try to logon, enter my credentials, and get cycled back to the "front page" again.

If it hit the power button and reboot the device, i can logon again... but a few days later, i have the same issue.

Sometimes when this occurs, the samba share from the NAS also becomes unavailable.... other times, this can happen and the share is fine.

This is a bit of an issue, so any assistance would be appreciated.

My second issue - which is more my lack of understanding - is how to enable the samba share for complete anonymous access.
At the moment i have configured the AD integration, but realisitcally, i just want anyone on the network to be able to access the files on the shared folder.
How can i achieve this ?
Hi all,
when using the N7700 web interface, i try to logon, enter my credentials, and get cycled back to the "front page" again.

If it hit the power button and reboot the device, i can logon again... but a few days later, i have the same issue.

Sometimes when this occurs, the samba share from the NAS also becomes unavailable.... other times, this can happen and the share is fine.

This is a bit of an issue, so any assistance would be appreciated.

My second issue - which is more my lack of understanding - is how to enable the samba share for complete anonymous access.
At the moment i have configured the AD integration, but realisitcally, i just want anyone on the network to be able to access the files on the shared folder.
How can i achieve this ?
Which FW Version are You running?

Shares can be defined as "Public" - then everyone has read/write access - there is no way that You define a Public read only share.

br
peter
Which FW Version are You running?

Shares can be defined as "Public" - then everyone has read/write access - there is no way that You define a Public read only share.

br
peter
Hey Peter,
latest firmware - v3.03.00.4.

The share is defined as public.... but if i turn of AD integration - i get an username/password prompt when trying to access the NAS.

just to follow up aswell - ive found that generally within one day of the web interface becoming unusable - the shares go offline. Rebooting the unit "fixes" this - but i dont want to have to rebooting the unit every 3 or 4 days!

Is there any method of getting some verbose logging switched on so i can actually try and track this issue down? The logs within the web interface are not useful. (eg. for the failed logins, these logs show a succesful logon)
Hey Peter,
latest firmware - v3.03.00.4.

The share is defined as public.... but if i turn of AD integration - i get an username/password prompt when trying to access the NAS.

just to follow up aswell - ive found that generally within one day of the web interface becoming unusable - the shares go offline. Rebooting the unit "fixes" this - but i dont want to have to rebooting the unit every 3 or 4 days!

Is there any method of getting some verbose logging switched on so i can actually try and track this issue down? The logs within the web interface are not useful. (eg. for the failed logins, these logs show a succesful logon)
I have no experience with AD authentification - I use only local users and here the Public works as it should (must say i'm on FW 3.03.00.3).

There was a possibility until the Ajax Interface to enable logging, but I#ve found no way with the 3.x FW to enable it.

br
Peter
I have no experience with AD authentification - I use only local users and here the Public works as it should (must say i'm on FW 3.03.00.3).

There was a possibility until the Ajax Interface to enable logging, but I#ve found no way with the 3.x FW to enable it.

br
Peter
So i logged a call via the thecus web site - but this seems to have been ignored.

Can anyone else offer assistance oh how to get decent logging out of the device?

If not - im basically going to throw the thing out - as at the moment its a worthless (but expensive) piece of junk.
So i logged a call via the thecus web site - but this seems to have been ignored.

Can anyone else offer assistance oh how to get decent logging out of the device?

If not - im basically going to throw the thing out - as at the moment its a worthless (but expensive) piece of junk.
Hi Verukins,

Please provide me with your ticket number.

Thanks
Hi Verukins,

Please provide me with your ticket number.

Thanks