Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] Folder deletion
I have a N3200 (no pro) and after struggling with some USB disks being attached via the USB port I have to subfolders "USB4" and "USB5" left in the "USBHDD" folder, which do not contain any data nor they are attached to an USB disk. Any attempt to delete two folders these via Windows Explorer results in an error msg due to insufficient rights:

"You need permission to perform this action. You need permissions from "NE3200/nobody" to make modifications to this folder".

No deletion possible. Any modifications to the access rights table in Windoes Explorer is not completed. The folders don't appear inside the web managemnt interface, so there is no action possible.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Thomas
I have a N3200 (no pro) and after struggling with some USB disks being attached via the USB port I have to subfolders "USB4" and "USB5" left in the "USBHDD" folder, which do not contain any data nor they are attached to an USB disk. Any attempt to delete two folders these via Windows Explorer results in an error msg due to insufficient rights:

"You need permission to perform this action. You need permissions from "NE3200/nobody" to make modifications to this folder".

No deletion possible. Any modifications to the access rights table in Windoes Explorer is not completed. The folders don't appear inside the web managemnt interface, so there is no action possible.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Thomas
Can you try to reboot N3200 ?
or plug usb disk then unplug usb disk.
Can you try to reboot N3200 ?
or plug usb disk then unplug usb disk.
Yes, I have tried both already. No effect - the folders are still there. Zje USB disk is plugged in and linked to another folder which is OK...
Yes, I have tried both already. No effect - the folders are still there. Zje USB disk is plugged in and linked to another folder which is OK...
Please try plug more usb disks (or usb pen drive) then unplug it.
Please try plug more usb disks (or usb pen drive) then unplug it.
Done - plugged and unplugged several disks a couple of times - now only one subfolder (usb4) is present and links to the currently attached drive. But this folder and the subfolder "1" ("USBHDD" is marked being public) is r/o and nothing can be stored. Very strange...

Device info:

Hersteller THECUS
Produktnr. N3200
Firmware-Version 1.00.04
APP Version N/A
μP Version 12

USB:
Disk No. Capacity (MB) Model Firmware Status
1 1,430,799 EARS-00Z5B1 OK

The attempt to create a subfolder on the drive results in the error message "You need permissions to perform this action".
Done - plugged and unplugged several disks a couple of times - now only one subfolder (usb4) is present and links to the currently attached drive. But this folder and the subfolder "1" ("USBHDD" is marked being public) is r/o and nothing can be stored. Very strange...

Device info:

Hersteller THECUS
Produktnr. N3200
Firmware-Version 1.00.04
APP Version N/A
μP Version 12

USB:
Disk No. Capacity (MB) Model Firmware Status
1 1,430,799 EARS-00Z5B1 OK

The attempt to create a subfolder on the drive results in the error message "You need permissions to perform this action".
From the user manual, "Tips and Tricks section": Once a USB hard disk has successfully mounted, the entire volume will be copied automatically to the default USB HDD folder.

So what you see is a "feature" of the firmware and you can't change it Wink
From the user manual, "Tips and Tricks section": Once a USB hard disk has successfully mounted, the entire volume will be copied automatically to the default USB HDD folder.

So what you see is a "feature" of the firmware and you can't change it Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Solved] Folder deletion 0 1,453 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: