Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wishlist
Dear Thecus Fans,

All wishes posted here will be collected and forward to the relevant department for reviews, once a wish has been
approved, it will than be added to the schedule for implementation.

You may also support other people's wishes by responding to their threads.

Thank you
Dear Thecus Fans,

All wishes posted here will be collected and forward to the relevant department for reviews, once a wish has been
approved, it will than be added to the schedule for implementation.

You may also support other people's wishes by responding to their threads.

Thank you
1. Can someone from Thecus be assigned to monitor the forums and act as interface between user discussions and Thecus. There are many unresolved and unanswered posts and that seriously damages Thecus reputation. The Thecus range of products are the most relevant range of products I have encountered in 38 years in the electronics and IT industries but the low level of user support has the potential to destroy the products reputation almost before it can begin.

2. Can you publish the steps necessary to create modules so that users (or more correctly their technical support people) can develop their own. I would particularly like to install Zimbra email system on a Thecus NAS.

3. I would like modules for DNS Server and LDAP server, preferably with the ability to read an Active Directory and populate the LDAP service (so the Thecus NAS can replace a Microsoft server).

4. Can you modify the USB drive utilities so that an external hard drive can be formatted as EXT3 so that it can be written to (not just read only).

5. Can you modify the NSync utility to include the ability to backup the NAS contents to an external hard drive, so that this backup can then be taken to a remote site to prime the NSync remote backup. The large amount of data that an across the wire NSync backup produces makes it all but impossible to implement an offsite backup, but if the initial backup can be imported from an external hard drive and then synced together at the remote site using NSync then the small amount of daily "sync data" is manageable.
1. Can someone from Thecus be assigned to monitor the forums and act as interface between user discussions and Thecus. There are many unresolved and unanswered posts and that seriously damages Thecus reputation. The Thecus range of products are the most relevant range of products I have encountered in 38 years in the electronics and IT industries but the low level of user support has the potential to destroy the products reputation almost before it can begin.

2. Can you publish the steps necessary to create modules so that users (or more correctly their technical support people) can develop their own. I would particularly like to install Zimbra email system on a Thecus NAS.

3. I would like modules for DNS Server and LDAP server, preferably with the ability to read an Active Directory and populate the LDAP service (so the Thecus NAS can replace a Microsoft server).

4. Can you modify the USB drive utilities so that an external hard drive can be formatted as EXT3 so that it can be written to (not just read only).

5. Can you modify the NSync utility to include the ability to backup the NAS contents to an external hard drive, so that this backup can then be taken to a remote site to prime the NSync remote backup. The large amount of data that an across the wire NSync backup produces makes it all but impossible to implement an offsite backup, but if the initial backup can be imported from an external hard drive and then synced together at the remote site using NSync then the small amount of daily "sync data" is manageable.
Lets say you have a n8800sas and you have both network adapters dedicated to iSCSI (on a dedicated switch) but for the network clients you want to access to nfs shares. you'll need an extra NIC (or a dualport NIC).

at this moment it is not possible to add an extra NIC(according to Thecus).
I know witch chips are used for the internal NIC's, isn't it possible to make this device driver accept pci-e cards?

That's what on my wishlist.
Lets say you have a n8800sas and you have both network adapters dedicated to iSCSI (on a dedicated switch) but for the network clients you want to access to nfs shares. you'll need an extra NIC (or a dualport NIC).

at this moment it is not possible to add an extra NIC(according to Thecus).
I know witch chips are used for the internal NIC's, isn't it possible to make this device driver accept pci-e cards?

That's what on my wishlist.
My Wishlist:

- Temperature Surveilance and Notification with Email (adjustable)
- On/Off Event, if Temperatur is to high or to low
- Notification Configuration, which Text on which Event wil be send bei Email
- More Documentation about the modules (For Example, I don't know how to configure the webcam suveilance module)

I'm a german guy and not good in Englisch, I hope my wishs will be understand.
My Wishlist:

- Temperature Surveilance and Notification with Email (adjustable)
- On/Off Event, if Temperatur is to high or to low
- Notification Configuration, which Text on which Event wil be send bei Email
- More Documentation about the modules (For Example, I don't know how to configure the webcam suveilance module)

I'm a german guy and not good in Englisch, I hope my wishs will be understand.
-Be able to change the admin's user name to something other than "System Administrator" or "Admin" - (force the admin to type the username in the login form).
-Make some way to preview image files in the web disk interface.
-Make a way to "batch download" complete folders or selected files instead of one file at a time.
-Make a way to "batch upload" a folder or collection of files instead of only being able to upload 7 files at a time. (perhaps some sort of "drag and drop" interface)
Hi,

it would be _very_essential_ to test and qualify the new 667mb platter drives with the 4k block series with the NASes because they are cheap, and reliable and many users want to use them.
for the samsung drives it would be the Samsung HD204UI EcoGreen F4 2TB for example. How about the 4k block issue with the NAS ?

thanks for help

maDDog
ahouston Wrote:1. Can someone from Thecus be assigned to monitor the forums and act as interface between user discussions and Thecus. There are many unresolved and unanswered posts and that seriously damages Thecus reputation. The Thecus range of products are the most relevant range of products I have encountered in 38 years in the electronics and IT industries but the low level of user support has the potential to destroy the products reputation almost before it can begin.

I second that, even easy answers are not responded to, other users help, but if it's not something they use or need, they don't know the answer. So at least 1 Thecus person going through the new posts when nobody has answered yet for 1 day would help a LOT! And then update the specs. page and/or the Knowledgebase.
I've installed squeezeboxserver on my n5200pro. Works ok, for a couple of years now.
Today i tried to install the Spotify Premium Plugin. Turns out that it needs glibc 2.4 (or higher).
The glibc version in the firmware is 2.3.5
Any chance that this lib (and others) could be upgraded to a newer version?
I want a real moderator/administrator for this forum. Please update your forum and kill those spamposts it is really making it harder to read this forum... if it's a paid job, I'm interested ;-)
nitroke Wrote:Please update your forum and kill those spamposts it is really making it harder to read this forum...

Please update your forum!! This is really not the way for a professional forum...
nitroke Wrote:Please update your forum and kill those spamposts it is really making it harder to read this forum...

Please update your forum!! This is really not the way for a professional forum...