Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N4810 Kodi Issues
new unit.
latest bios(V1.4)
latest firmware (3.02.00.4.k401)
kodi 17.3

few issues..

no sound via hdmi.same movie plays fine from my laptop(using kodi 17.3) and hdmi.
so is there suppost to be sound via hdmi,i cannot see why not as why put a hdmi port for display only?
if not is there sound via display port?
or does the optical out need to be used,which is not good if your tv doesnt have optical in.

why are there no pvr clients? how can they be added?

also,does anyone know or a remote control brand that confirmed working(usb dongle,ect)
i have a gyratron usb dongle w/remote.
it detects to dongle fine but the remote still does not work.
any ideas on this?

from dmesg..

[27040.169460] usb 1-3: new low-speed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd
[27040.355243] usb 1-3: New USB device found, idVendor=0c16, idProduct=0003
[27040.362739] usb 1-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[27040.370718] usb 1-3: Product: Gyration RF Technology Receiver
[27040.377140] usb 1-3: Manufacturer: Gyration
[27040.381968] usb 1-3: ep 0x81 - rounding interval to 64 microframes, ep desc says 80 microframes
[27040.391720] usb 1-3: ep 0x82 - rounding interval to 64 microframes, ep desc says 80 microframes

Update:
in the kodi menu's the default monitor is hdmi1(system/display menu).
looking at system/audio it says the audio output device is HDA Intel PCH HDMI 2.its greyed out so there's no way to change this.i assume hdmi 2 is the display port? and if so it has audio?.i dont have a cable or adapter to test so would like to know before i go buy one(they are not cheap) for nothing.
also why cant the audio be switched to hdmi1?like i said above why use hdmi for display and why isnt kodi fixed to hdmi2(display port) if its the output with audio.

Update #2
got sound fixed...
http://thecus.kayako.com/default_import/...multimedia

Thanks
Thecus, please add HDMI-CEC so that we can use our TV remote to control KODI,
Also add PVR clients support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: linkedinbutton.jpg]
Download modules from my forum https://pirinel.ro
i got around this hurdle by using the tvguide addon(from the kodi repo).its alot of work to create the .strm files and channel logos(if you want them) but it does work.i wrote a script to do some of the work(create the .strm files) but downloading the channels logo's is a manual job.
its not as fancy and user friendly as iptv simple client but its better than nothing.

if iptv simple client were available it would much simplier.no additional work at all actually.