Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N4310 - clueless
I'm again stuck. I still don't get the internet connection via SSH. Using keys proves to be difficult, because there are two "SSH" on the system: one with the module FaJoSSH, the other with the original system. I always try to make sure to have the system files of both adapted. Yet I'm not sure where to store the public key on the NAS, besides the question on how to get the public key to the NAS at all, as I can not connect using my remote PC. Documentation on OpenSSH that I found is not helpful.

Another problem that I have come across is that the NAS does not reboot properly. When I use the button in "Power Management" to reboot, it reboots alright, but the system won't get back into a working state. For hours, the blue light blinks. A manual reboot is the only option, and then I get the message that it was shut down improperly. Doesn't matter yet as nobody accesses the system but me. But this is meant to change, and then it can become a problem.
Dear Sir.

1. N4310 build in SSH service already, thus we don't need to install any 3rd party app to make this.
2. We get similar issue about Fritz!Box would block these SMB/SSH/NFS.... services through internet, even DMZ, thus recommend consult from your ISP about this function request on your router/Fritz!Box...
Yvon.
Hi,

thank you for your reply!

(05-24-2017, 04:13 PM)Thecus - Yvon Wrote: 1. N4310 build in SSH service already, thus we don't need to install any 3rd party app to make this.

It seemed to me that only root access is permitted via SSH with the builtin system. That's why I was recommended to use FaJoSSH. If you tell me how to enable user-access and not root access via the builtin SSH, I can remove the FaJoSSH and get along with the builtin system.

(05-24-2017, 04:13 PM)Thecus - Yvon Wrote: 2. We get similar issue about Fritz!Box would block these SMB/SSH/NFS.... services through internet, even DMZ, thus recommend consult from your ISP about this function request on your router/Fritz!Box...
I don't think that it's a Fritz!Box issue, because I can connect via SSH with the NAS as root from an external computer. It just doesn't work with regular users.
I can also access the NAS as user (not root) from within the local network in which the NAS is installed. It just doesn't work (yet) from external PCs.