Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Update not working
Hey guys,
I just bought W2810 Pro. Nice piece of equipment however I stumbled upon a rather serious problem. I can't run Windows Update. It's stuck forever at "Looking for updates...". I followed the usual troubleshooting steps. Ran Windows Update Troubleshooter from MS, cleaned the SoftwareDistribution folder etc. I also tried DISM repair. Long story short - nothing worked.
As the last resort - I reinstalled Windows but it has exactly the same problem - "looking for updates" goes forever. When I try manually install one of the updates (or Media Pack for that matter) it is stuck at "Installing...". I left it for around 12 hours with absolutely no change.
It seems like the Windows image that Thecus is installing on those devices is corrupted somehow.
Any of you have any clue what to do with it? Right now I can't proceed with connecting it to my network and I'm completely stuck
I'm happy to report that the problem actually solved itself. All of a sudden, I got a message that I have ca 40 updates waiting to be installed. After 4 days of not being able to check them. Apparently it requires some time.
Hello,

Glad you solve the problem, let us know if you have another questions.

Cheers,

RajaKingKong

(01-17-2017, 11:34 AM)Thorgal Wrote: I'm happy to report that the problem actually solved itself. All of a sudden, I got a message that I have ca 40 updates waiting to be installed. After 4 days of not being able to check them. Apparently it requires some time.
-PHP 5.4.xxx deprecated.
-PHP 5.5.xxx & PHP 5.6.xxx current stable.
-PHP 7.0.xxx stable version with very minimum extensions support.

E: admin[at]thecus.org
IRC Network: irc.thecus.org [T.B.A]

currently this email contact above for forum and any servers issue only, for other questions please contact via @thecus.com  Big Grin
My experience shows that it take a long, long time to do the initial updates and the status bar doesn't do a very good job of letting you know something is going on during this time. Patients will be your saving grace doing this time...