Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N4810 Network Help
Hi all,
A couple of days ago I purchased a N4810 and a W4810 for my small business setup. 

The W4810 had to be RMA'd due to boot/post failure (as a note, thecus support was excellent, as was the company from which I purchased. 6 hours from when I had identified the issue to having an RA number and a new one dispatched). 

I am attempting to setup the N4810. I have tried for a day to get an identified firmware update happening, and could not connect to the app store - but I just have realised that Thecus' website has some issues and they have pulled those sections offline. 

My current issue is connecting via LAN to the NAS> My pc can see the nas on 192.168.1.150, and I can connect to the backend using a browser, but whenever I try to connect to a folder I created using an admin user I created (the folder is mapped as read/write to that user) Windows 10 tells me that the network name does not exist / may be spelled incorrectly - even though I can see the folder in the network section of my pc. any ideas?

Additionally I would like to be able to direct connect the N4810 to my pc but otherwise not have it connected to the world - it contains some secure files. Any thoughts about the easiest way to do this?

Finally, I couldnt find a sub-forum for the n4810 or w4810?

.png   networking.png (Size: 164.1 KB / Downloads: 99)

hmm, magically it is now working if I use the IP directly into file explorer. This has allowed me to map the folders to network drives.

Still happy to hear any advice anyone may have though!
Dear Sir,

According from the networking.png and following suggestion for your reference:
1. Please via WAN/LAN1 link to your local network with proper gateway & DNS.
2. If NAS IP is 192.168.1.150 pleas via \\192.168.1.150 to access NAS share folder from Windows client.
3. We will forward this sub forum request for forum master.
Yvon.
Just a quick question
I am new to the world of NAS and am looking at getting the Thecus.
I am just wondering if it is able to take different sized HDDs. Also wondering if those different HDD's are able to show up as separate drives or any combination of 1 separate drive and the rest 3 together.
Also had a look at the compatibility list - Just wondering if the hot swap is able to accoodate IDE drives (just wondering) or are they just taking SATA
Cheers

PS - When is the N4810 going to get its own subforum? And will company reps be answering to replies. Its not a cheap product and I just wanted to see if there is any forum to send queries when I get stuck and the N4810 doesnt seem to have its own section so far.
Dear Sir,

1. It is depend on you choose JBOD or RAID type, and please refer to user'manual page 169 Appendix B: RAID Basics:
http://www.thecus.com/download/manual/OS...1.3_EN.pdf
and the RAID HDD as like car's tires, even it is possible to mix difference size & model, but it is strongly recommend choose identical HDD for better stability & reliability.
2. It is support SATA HDD only, IDE connector is far difference from SATA, even this could fix in HDD tray but would make NAS & IDE HDD damaged.
3. The N4810 subject request been processing.

for tech issue recommend submit ticket from http://esupport.thecus.com have dedicate staff to help you,
Yvon.
(12-23-2016, 07:54 PM)jrwilholt Wrote: My current issue is connecting via LAN to the NAS> My pc can see the nas on 192.168.1.150, and I can connect to the backend using a browser, but whenever I try to connect to a folder I created using an admin user I created (the folder is mapped as read/write to that user) Windows 10 tells me that the network name does not exist / may be spelled incorrectly - even though I can see the folder in the network section of my pc. any ideas?

Hello!
I am another happy owner of N4810.

I thing that your point is in "radio button" "default interface" in network settings tab. 
Usually it stay on Lan1/Wan, so all your packets moved there. What if your interface connected to Lan2?