Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restoring system disk on W5000
We had to restore the system disk on our server yesterday as the configuration had somehow become corrupted, for example users no longer appeared in the dashboard, server essentials management task kept failing. Everything had previously been working fine. We run a daily backup of the system disk so I assumed we could simply restore the system disk from a 'good' backup.

Microsoft documentation indicated that we could use the installation media and then have an option to restore from backup. However when I used a bootable USB drive with the thecus wss factory install image there does not appear to be a way of restoring the system disk from a backup. 

So I had to do a clean install, download all the Microsoft updates, re add users etc.

My question is how can we restore the system disk from an existing backup?

Tim
Dear Sir,

Follwoing FAQ for your reference:
WSS FAQ How to restore WSS/WSSE backup
http://thecus.kayako.com/default_import/...sse-backup
Yvon.
Thanks for your response.

The issue is that when you restore from media you are not given an option to restore from a backup only to do a bare metal install from the installation media.

Has anyone successfully restored their Thecus windows NAS from a backup?
Dear Sir,

Following FAQ for your reference:
WSS FAQ How to restore WSS/WSSE backup
http://thecus.kayako.com/default_import/...sse-backup
Yvon.
I set mine up with the original 60 gig SSD and cloned that onto a SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB SATA III and keep the original in case I need to do that again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Restoring storage spaces after OS recovery - W5000 Lasersage 2 1,839 05-15-2015, 11:22 AM
Last Post: John Tsai
  Restoring storage spaces after OS recovery - W5000 0 1,015 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: