Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please provide better iSCSI size limits
Hi,

When we create a iSCSI target, there's a slider to choose how much space we want to assign. But, since the slider work on percentage values, it doesn't give me exact size values. For example, I want to assign 10GB to something, but can't. 1% = 8.8GB, and 2% = 17.6GB

Please give us a text box to type in the values ourselves.
Did anyone see this feature request?
I just set up my n7700pro and was surprised to find I couldn't type exact values and had to rely on the slider also. Professional users would surely require this ability? +1 to improve this please Thecus.
+1 to this, and also to remove the arbitrary 16TB limit on LUN sizes. I'd like to present a 38TB N16000 as a single LUN.
+1 to this, and also to remove the arbitrary 16TB limit on LUN sizes. I'd like to present a 38TB N16000 as a single LUN.
This is ABSOLUTELY critical. How can you possibly provision LUNs correctly for a with a slider???

At least make it a percentage of the remaing disk space capacity, NOT a percentage of the total capacity of the storage raid array.
This is ABSOLUTELY critical. How can you possibly provision LUNs correctly for a with a slider???

At least make it a percentage of the remaing disk space capacity, NOT a percentage of the total capacity of the storage raid array.
Flup Wrote:+1 to this, and also to remove the arbitrary 16TB limit on LUN sizes. I'd like to present a 38TB N16000 as a single LUN.

Ouch! Why on earth would you need to do that ? Any idea how long a consistency check on a 36Tb volume would take! :-)
Unless of course it is 36Tb of data you don't care about in which case go for it! ;-)
N4200Pro with 4 * 2TB WD20EARS drives, upgraded to 4GB RAM.
Flup Wrote:+1 to this, and also to remove the arbitrary 16TB limit on LUN sizes. I'd like to present a 38TB N16000 as a single LUN.

Ouch! Why on earth would you need to do that ? Any idea how long a consistency check on a 36Tb volume would take! :-)
Unless of course it is 36Tb of data you don't care about in which case go for it! ;-)
N4200Pro with 4 * 2TB WD20EARS drives, upgraded to 4GB RAM.
+1 PLEASE!!!!

My cluster quorum drives are eating up my disk space.
+1 - the slider is killing me.
+1 - the slider is killing me.
OMG what a surprise when i first tried to create a iSCSI target...
Seriously, this sucks, allow us to enter the EXACT amount of data needed PLEASE !
Thecus N4200 4*1To Raid5
Fw : 5.01.05 / OLED FW : 13
iSCSI / FTP / SAMBA / NFS
Modules : Team Speak Server 3 (merci qoolbox) / webdisk 2.0.2
OMG what a surprise when i first tried to create a iSCSI target...
Seriously, this sucks, allow us to enter the EXACT amount of data needed PLEASE !
Thecus N4200 4*1To Raid5
Fw : 5.01.05 / OLED FW : 13
iSCSI / FTP / SAMBA / NFS
Modules : Team Speak Server 3 (merci qoolbox) / webdisk 2.0.2
snouf Wrote:OMG what a surprise when i first tried to create a iSCSI target...
+1000
Sytem: P6x58D-E + Core I7 930 + 6GB DDR3
System: SSD Crucial M550 256GB + SSD Sandisk Extrem 240GB
NAS : N2200xxx Firmware : Xpenology with DSM 5.1
Seagate 1.5To Green 5900 x1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please provide better iSCSI size limits 0 6,439 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: