Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will Server 2016 be available pre-loaded?
Hi, with Server 2016 about to be released when will your products come with it? As the lifecycle for 2012 will move into extended support in the next couple of years, I want to ensure I get a full lifecycle with 2016, not 2012. Or will there be some sort of upgrade if I buy an existing device like the W5810 now?
thanks
Note that this will be out of Thecus' control, it depends on Microsoft. Windows Storage Server Essentials is an OEM product that comes with the hardware, so far I did not find any details about any 2016 version.
Kind regards,

Wouter
(09-17-2016, 04:06 PM)Thecus - Wouter Wrote: Note that this will be out of Thecus' control, it depends on Microsoft. Windows Storage Server Essentials is an OEM product that comes with the hardware, so far I did not find any details about any 2016 version.

And the product is now available? When will Thecus ship new devices with it
it please?
Dear Sir,

We afraid it is need Microsoft to make this decision but Thecus, thus recommend to contact Microsoft directly https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/
Yvon.
Any more news on a Thecus Windows Storage Server 2016 Essentials NAS ?
Dear Sir,

We afraid Microsoft have no plan for Windows Storage Server 2016 Essentials.
Only Windows Storage Server 2016 will available for rack mount Windows series NAS, and the MS license needs to be purchased separately.
Yvon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WS 2016. Have you installed on 4000+ jtw 2 1,147 01-12-2017, 04:40 AM
Last Post: mmarcoux66