I Love Thecus

Full Version: USB Backup for critical data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm using a Thecus N10850 with Firmware V2.04.01.
There is a huge bunch of data on the raid (about 13TB) which I need to backup to an external device. I have two 8TB drives at hand which I want to connect to the USB port of the N10850 one by one.

This means I need to copy the share (all data is on one share named "main") in two chunks to the two discs.
Is this somehow supported? The backup option "Data Guard" for copy to external devices only let me select the whole share (which obviously is too big).

Best Regards
Hi

I'm using a Thecus N10850 with Firmware V2.04.01.
There is a huge bunch of data on the raid (about 13TB) which I need to backup to an external device. I have two 8TB drives at hand which I want to connect to the USB port of the N10850 one by one.

This means I need to copy the share (all data is on one share named "main") in two chunks to the two discs.
Is this somehow supported? The backup option "Data Guard" for copy to external devices only let me select the whole share (which obviously is too big).

Best Regards
Dear Sir,

You could choose subfolder to back under data guard, otherwise recommend link USB HDD on PC/NB and via FTP doing the task.
Dear Sir,

You could choose subfolder to back under data guard, otherwise recommend link USB HDD on PC/NB and via FTP doing the task.
Do I need a special or newer firmware version for this?
I can't figure out how so copy just a subfolder (share name is "main" folder to backup is "prodfiles/data").

Whenever I select the data to copy I only can select the whole "main" share. Not the subfolder. It contains about 12TB of data.. so I need a fast connection and not some copy around in the network.
Do I need a special or newer firmware version for this?
I can't figure out how so copy just a subfolder (share name is "main" folder to backup is "prodfiles/data").

Whenever I select the data to copy I only can select the whole "main" share. Not the subfolder. It contains about 12TB of data.. so I need a fast connection and not some copy around in the network.
I figured out how to do it (stupid me).
However the N10850 doesn't recognize the external USB drive - its a Segate Archive 8TB disk formatting as NTFS. The compartibility list says I need V2.05.1 as firmware. Does that mean I can't see the drive, even as USB drive, if on my current firmware?
I figured out how to do it (stupid me).
However the N10850 doesn't recognize the external USB drive - its a Segate Archive 8TB disk formatting as NTFS. The compartibility list says I need V2.05.1 as firmware. Does that mean I can't see the drive, even as USB drive, if on my current firmware?
Dear Sir,

Would you please check from HDD INFORMATION detected this HDD yet? And it is via USB or eSATA enclosure?
Dear Sir,

Would you please check from HDD INFORMATION detected this HDD yet? And it is via USB or eSATA enclosure?