I Love Thecus

Full Version: Creating RAID on new HDD from Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've just bought new HDD for my N2200, so I'd like to create a new RAID : I saw in user guide that N2200 relies on Smart Utility.

But my old windows is not running any more, all my latest PC are under Ubuntu (don't have a Mac neither). Sad

Is there a solution please?

Thanks for your kind help,
Thomas
Hello,

I've just bought new HDD for my N2200, so I'd like to create a new RAID : I saw in user guide that N2200 relies on Smart Utility.

But my old windows is not running any more, all my latest PC are under Ubuntu (don't have a Mac neither). Sad

Is there a solution please?

Thanks for your kind help,
Thomas
It might work in Wine. It's not something I've ever done, but it's worth a try.

However, from reading the User Manual for the N2200, I see that the Smart Utility is "one way" to set it up. The other way is via the web interface. As long as you know what the IP address of your NAS is (hint: it's 192.168.1.100, at first-time startup), you should be able configure it. If some other device on your network already uses that IP, you can either disconnect it for a short while until the NAS's IP is changed or you can connect your computer directly to the NAS (that is, disconnect yourself from the network) and then change the NAS's IP.
It might work in Wine. It's not something I've ever done, but it's worth a try.

However, from reading the User Manual for the N2200, I see that the Smart Utility is "one way" to set it up. The other way is via the web interface. As long as you know what the IP address of your NAS is (hint: it's 192.168.1.100, at first-time startup), you should be able configure it. If some other device on your network already uses that IP, you can either disconnect it for a short while until the NAS's IP is changed or you can connect your computer directly to the NAS (that is, disconnect yourself from the network) and then change the NAS's IP.