I Love Thecus

Full Version: Top Tower N10850 Memory upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've long since wondered if a memory upgrade was possible in these units. I did some searching and found that some others have manipulated their thecus servers to accept more than the installed amount of memory via patches, others have used manual code editing via ssh. Is there any kind of memory upgrade available for this unit? I regularly max out my available memory and my unit slows down.
Hi ryandenis,

The default system memory of N10850 is two 2GB modules (4GB). The maximum upgradable size will be 4GB *4, 16GB in total.
Please refer to the compatibility list at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thecus.com/download/compatibility/memory/Thecus_Memory_list.pdf">http://www.thecus.com/download/compatib ... y_list.pdf</a><!-- m -->

Regards,
John, Nov 4 '13
Thank you for that information! I figured that putting compatible memory inside was the easy part... The hard part is making sure the OS recognizes and utilizes the memory. I've heard that the OS is hard coded to only support what the unit was shipped with. what about that part of things?
Any further updates on this topic? I'd still like to upgrade the memory in my unit but I'm not sure if the OS will allow it after compatible hardware is installed.
Any further updates on this topic? I'd still like to upgrade the memory in my unit but I'm not sure if the OS will allow it after compatible hardware is installed.
Normally nothing needs to be done in the in the NAS, extra installed memory will be available.
Normally nothing needs to be done in the in the NAS, extra installed memory will be available.
after all these years I finally got brave enough to bust this thing open and upgrade the RAM. I put two 8 gig modules in and got it to 16. now I Want to put two more and upgrade the CPU!

CPU: Intel CPU E31225 @ 3.10GHz
Memory: 16314 MB

Anyone know if I Can upgrade the processor so long as I stay in the same family?
after all these years I finally got brave enough to bust this thing open and upgrade the RAM. I put two 8 gig modules in and got it to 16. now I Want to put two more and upgrade the CPU!

CPU: Intel CPU E31225 @ 3.10GHz
Memory: 16314 MB

Anyone know if I Can upgrade the processor so long as I stay in the same family?