I Love Thecus

Full Version: iSCSI connect failed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm using the N10850 with the lastest Firmware 10 HDD as RAID 6. Raid6 is healthy. I'm trying to configure a iSCSI on Windows 7 64. On Thecus I configured:

Storage/iSCSI
iSCSI Target Name V Status Enabled Authentication CHAP
LUN Name 01 Capacity 4096 Lun Allocation Instant Allocation
User Groupe and Authentication
Local User configuration/CHAP user Name has been added

iSCSI Initiator (Windows 7)
I followed the Thecus instruktion to configure iSCSI Initiator. The NAS and its iqn has been found. When I try to connect (using CHAP Username and password) I allway got: Failed to connect
I also got Faild to connect when I us no authentication. I can ping my NAS. Whats wrong in my config?

regards
Alteir
Hello,

I'm using the N10850 with the lastest Firmware 10 HDD as RAID 6. Raid6 is healthy. I'm trying to configure a iSCSI on Windows 7 64. On Thecus I configured:

Storage/iSCSI
iSCSI Target Name V Status Enabled Authentication CHAP
LUN Name 01 Capacity 4096 Lun Allocation Instant Allocation
User Groupe and Authentication
Local User configuration/CHAP user Name has been added

iSCSI Initiator (Windows 7)
I followed the Thecus instruktion to configure iSCSI Initiator. The NAS and its iqn has been found. When I try to connect (using CHAP Username and password) I allway got: Failed to connect
I also got Faild to connect when I us no authentication. I can ping my NAS. Whats wrong in my config?

regards
Alteir
Did you add the iqn of the initiator (Windows 7) to the ACL of the iSCSI target?
I also had that once, and took me a while to figure out.
Also make sure the iqn dates correspond!

i.e.:
Windows Machine: iqn.2013-1.com.microsoft:windows7
Thecus: iqn.2013-1.local.domain.n8900:iscsi.vm.raid1

This works for me on a N8900 FW 2.03.07 and W2008R2 Server

Greetz,

David
Sorry for the late answere. Yes the iqn of the initial system is in the LUN ACL.
Sorry for the late answere. Yes the iqn of the initial system is in the LUN ACL.
I think the iSCSI Bug (should be fixed with Firmware v2.03.07) is still present!

When I create a iSCSI Target of 2 GB iSCSI works fine (Windows 7, XP ...) even CHAP is not a problem.
When I try to create a iSCSI Target of 4096 GB (Total Capacity 22336 GB) or greater its not working.

Thecus is creating the Targets /LUNs /Lun ACLs, but its NOT possible to connect. Do I use the exact
same settings only using 2 GB its working.

I also have problems to shut down the system. The status says that the system is going down but in 9
of 10 times its still running (OLED sagy: System is powering off...). I have to switch it off by using the
button on the power supply.

With those BUGS, it is an expansive piece of useless technology
I think the iSCSI Bug (should be fixed with Firmware v2.03.07) is still present!

When I create a iSCSI Target of 2 GB iSCSI works fine (Windows 7, XP ...) even CHAP is not a problem.
When I try to create a iSCSI Target of 4096 GB (Total Capacity 22336 GB) or greater its not working.

Thecus is creating the Targets /LUNs /Lun ACLs, but its NOT possible to connect. Do I use the exact
same settings only using 2 GB its working.

I also have problems to shut down the system. The status says that the system is going down but in 9
of 10 times its still running (OLED sagy: System is powering off...). I have to switch it off by using the
button on the power supply.

With those BUGS, it is an expansive piece of useless technology
Dear Sir,

Would you please sumbit a ticket from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://esupport.thecus.com">http://esupport.thecus.com</a><!-- m --> for us check for you?